The Wrestler

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up The Wrestler

I just reviewed the postings here and noted that no one wrote about The Wrestler. Am I the only one who saw this movie?

I really liked it. While it is a somewhat depressing film, I thoroughly enjoyed the flick. I think Mickey (great name, huh? ) deserves an Oscar for his performance.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

It just came out in The Villages - we're going to see it soon. I loved the previews.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Taltarzac
Default Interesting movie that seems to parallel this actor's life too.

Cannot say that I was ever much of a fan of Mickey Rourke but this role in The Wrestler sure has a lot of meat to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Rourke

I saw it yesterday at the Old Mill Playhouse and it was not at all crowded with maybe 25 people in the entire theater.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Gold member

Saw it yesterday ... powerful, moving, grabs your soul and shakes it. NOT for the faint-of-heart... I saw a few couples leaving about 1/4 of the way through the movie... the violence was too much, I suppose. This is not a "feel-good" movie.... it's a movie that takes about 2 hours to recover from after it's over. I'm glad I (we) went to se it. My wife would disagree. Exiting she said, "I'm picking the next movie".
Old 03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Not a romantic comedy!

WOW We saw it or at least I did, my wife left and wouldn't watch it - way too gruesome. I even came close to leaving. The move is really good but its not for the faint of heart or someone looking for a romantic comedy. He did a great job acting!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.