Celebration Brass and Percussion

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Gold member
Default Celebration Brass and Percussion

I posted this earlier in the thread complaining about the lack of culture in TV, but am thinking this might deserve its own thread, so here it is again:

There is a fledgling brass and percussion group which formed this past year.
English tradition (anyone ever watch the movie "Brassed Off?") with instrumentation consisting of cornets (which play the clarinet and violin parts), flugelhorn, alto horns, baritones, trombones, euphoniums, tubas and percussion. These groups have been popular in England since the mid 1800s. There are around 300 of these brass groups in the United States today and close to 2000 in England.

The group plays a wide variety of music ranging from orchestral transcriptions to The Beatles, Bach and Mozart to Broadway Show Tunes all done in the done in the British-style format. The group will start up rehearsals again on Monday, September 13th and will rehearse every Monday. The group is looking for a few good brass and percussion players to complete the group.

Potential members need to be accomplished, serious players, although the group likes to have a good time. They are looking for committed players who enjoy playing challenging music. Tentative concert dates are Monday, Nov 8 and Monday, Nov 15. This is not dance music. A concert usually includes a mix of classical, hymns, marches, and some pop arrangements.

The contact person would be Keith Miland, a full-time Villages resident. His email address is keithrd7@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Gold member
Default anyone?

bump

No responses here - am hoping either you or someone you know might be a potential player. Or, maybe someone contacted Keith directly. Hope so.

In case you're wondering, no - I'm not one of the musicians. I can't carry a tune. But - every performer (and performing group) needs an appreciative audience. I can be that. Hope some of you will be too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.