Country musicians to form a band

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2016, 07:17 AM
Default Country musicians to form a band

Wondering if there are any country musicians out here who would want to get together to form a small band? Thinking along the lines of more contempory country/rockin country versus classic country. Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Zach Brown Band style music with occasional taste of The Eagles or other country/rock crossover bands.

Envisioning a four to five piece group, small enough footprint to easily play rec center and the Squares. More acoustic/electric feel than typical very loud rock sound. Guitars, bass, drum and either fiddle/banjo/pedal steel or best of all someone who can play multiple instruments and has vocal talent as well.

Chime in with any interest and specifics of musical ability, vocal ability and willingness to get together on regular basis to play and rehearse. Or you can email me at sixstringmusic at yahoo dot com. There is nothing firm yet, just exploring to see if there is any real interest and talent out there not being exercised.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:14 AM

Bump - surprised at lack of response/interest?
Old 05-24-2016, 12:09 PM

Bump - Same here
Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 PM

Interested. Acoustical and Electric Guitar player. Played drums before but no set now. Have plenty of guitars. Play mostly country and southern rock. Eagles, Haggard, Waylon, Skynyrd, Blackberry Smoke, etc. Was looking before for a group of people who wanted to sit around and jam some, possibly open to playing on a regular basis. I'll follow this post to see what happens.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:54 PM

Drummer here coming to town later this year. Will keep an eye on the thread as well
Old 05-26-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6StringMusic View Post
Wondering if there are any country musicians out here who would want to get together to form a small band? Thinking along the lines of more contempory country/rockin country versus classic country. Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Zach Brown Band style music with occasional taste of The Eagles or other country/rock crossover bands.

Envisioning a four to five piece group, small enough footprint to easily play rec center and the Squares. More acoustic/electric feel than typical very loud rock sound. Guitars, bass, drum and either fiddle/banjo/pedal steel or best of all someone who can play multiple instruments and has vocal talent as well.

Chime in with any interest and specifics of musical ability, vocal ability and willingness to get together on regular basis to play and rehearse. Or you can email me at sixstringmusic at yahoo dot com. There is nothing firm yet, just exploring to see if there is any real interest and talent out there not being exercised.
Vocalist / some rhythm guitar / front man ability....won't be steady to the Villages till later this year, around Nov. Tom
Old 05-30-2016, 07:03 PM

Thanks Kent, will get back to you!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 AM

You boys listed a lot of my favorite artists.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:21 AM

Let's plan a date! Reverserevolution180@ gmail.com just tell me when and where.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:22 PM

I just saw this thread. I suggest you check out some of the country jam groups around TV. I go to one on Tues. at Hibiscus, but there are several others. Members of one country band attend and another group of musicians from these groups played at Laurel Manor last weekend.

I play lead and rhythm guitar and am always interested in opportunities to play. I know a lot of country songs, but Alan Jackson and Merle are my favorites.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM

Very interested in this opportunity. Worked with many bands playing many styles including country. Villager since 2014 interested in gigs in TV. Available any time and ready to go. (Own a cowboy hat )

Last edited by 69Ludwigs; 07-09-2016 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 07-09-2016, 05:24 PM

Also, got a villager buddy who is a country singer and guitarist who might be interested
Old 09-05-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms36 View Post
Drummer here coming to town later this year. Will keep an eye on the thread as well
I would love to meet with all of you. I will be in the Villages from December to end of March 2017. I sing in a band now, back up singer in a blues band, but I play guitar and am a lead singer. Love Country and Gospel, but will sing pretty well anything.

Please get in touch and we'll see what happens. 902 754 8000. My name is Diane MacNeil
Old 12-12-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6StringMusic View Post

Just moved to The Villages, I play bass and sing both lead and back up. Would love to see about getting a country band together.
Closed Thread

Tags
country, play, band, form, vocal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.