Favorite American Idol Contestant

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite AI (Season 7) contestant?
Chikezie Eze 0 0%
Danny Noriega 0 0%
Jason Yeager 0 0%
David Cook 5 7.14%
David Hernandez 6 8.57%
Luke Menard 1 1.43%
Michael Johns 8 11.43%
Jason Castro 4 5.71%
Robbie Carrico 2 2.86%
Colton Berry 0 0%
David Archuleta 20 28.57%
Garrett Haley 0 0%
Kristy Lee Cook 1 1.43%
Amanda Overmyer 3 4.29%
Alexandrea Lushington 0 0%
Joanne Borgell 0 0%
Brooke White 4 5.71%
Syesha Mercado 3 4.29%
Alaina Whitaker 0 0%
Asia'h Epperson 0 0%
Amy Davis 0 0%
Kady Malloy 0 0%
Carly Smithson 9 12.86%
Ramiele Malubay 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Favorite American Idol Contestant

Like Michael Steven Bublé but do not see David Archuleta reaching that level of success unless it is using the American Idol PR wagon.

Carly Smithson seems to have the nicest voice. I try to watch some of these singers with my eyes averted from the TV so that I am not tempted to go with the eye candy flow.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage

Exactly TAL - Only room for one Buble style crooner at a time :joke:
Old 04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Taltarzac

On the radio today on the way to Doggie Doo Run Run, the DJ said that TiVo has predicted the person who gets the boot for the past 5 weeks. They do this by tracking how many times a contestant is TiVoed, I suppose.

Thought of Brooke White as being eye candy for the most part but suppose I would rather see a male sex symbol like Michael Johns get the boot rather than one of the very attractive female contestants like Brooke White, Syesha Mercado, and Kristy Lee Cook.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Gold member

Idol will not be the same without Michael. Makes me very sad. I will watch when we get home. Tivo-ed it all.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Taltarzac

Not sure if the DJ I was listening to this morning on the way to the Doggie Doo Run Run is correct as from this web-site at least TiVo predicted that Syesha Mercado would go yesterday. http://www.perfectlypetersen.com/200...an-idol-top-8/

The DJ had said that TiVo had been correct on their picks of who would get be off for the past 5 weeks in a row.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:14 PM

Was anyone else as impressed as I was with Fergie on the Idol Gives Back show??

WOW!! I have always liked her and thought she was talented, but she blew me away singing with Heart. And when she did that one handed cartwheel, Twice, so effortlessly while singing, I was shocked!!! Loved it! Very Impressive performance.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Taltarzac

Yes, that was impressive, Mintjulep.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Taltarzac

Anyone know how much " Idol Gives Back" has made this go around? :dontknow: http://www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback/
Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Taltarzac

Who will it be tonight? I mean who graces the AI stage as a running AI7 contestant for the last time tonight?

Sort of going with my usual suspects of Carly Smithson and Syesha Mercado. Kristy Lee Cook has been doing such a smart job of song choice, dress, and other presentation factors that I see Brooke White as also being in the bottom three along with Mercado & Smithson.

Think Carly Smithson will be going??

Saw that there is a James Smithson in the running as one of the top 20 songwriters in AI's songwriting contest. http://www.americanidol.com/news/ Wonder if this is Carly's face tattooed husband???

Do think that Carly Smithson has the best voice of the female AI contestants this year though.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage

(Sigh) After Michael Johns leaving, boy did that show seem boring to me! I always watch it until the end, but it seemed soooooo boring last night. Guess I'll vote for little David A. The rest did nothing for me at all. Please, please please, let it be Kristy Lee Cooke that goes tonight. I can't believe she made it this far. :verymad: But I'll settle for any of the women. I love Carly's voice, but she just can't get rid of those goofy faces she makes. Wouldn't enjoy seeing any of them in person. I only would have paid to see Michael Johns or Amanda.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
(Sigh) After Michael Johns leaving, boy did that show seem boring to me! I always watch it until the end, but it seemed soooooo boring last night. Guess I'll vote for little David A. The rest did nothing for me at all. Please, please please, let it be Kristy Lee Cooke that goes tonight. I can't believe she made it this far. :verymad: But I'll settle for any of the women. I love Carly's voice, but she just can't get rid of those goofy faces she makes. Wouldn't enjoy seeing any of them in person. I only would have paid to see Michael Johns or Amanda.
Guess too many people voted for someone other than Michael Johns and assumed his talent would carry him another week. Really had hoped that Melinda Doolittle would win last year's AI6 but too many people also assumed she was safe.

That does look like Carly Smithson's husband James is in the top 20 for the AI Songwriter contest with the song Align??
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM

I hope Brooke leaves tonight. IMHO, I thought she didn't do well last night.
Where WAS that beef!! or the condiments!! :dontknow:

I'm not a fan of Kristy Lee Cook, but think she has been better the last 2 weeks.

Thought David A was the best by far. :#1:
And as much as I usually like David C, I didn't love his version last night,
even tho the judges did. Mariah songs were probably hard for the guys.

As long as neither David leaves, I'll be ok with the choice.
Otherwise I'll be bored too, like you Chels, since MJ left.

I thought Mariah was very nice last night.
She was kind, helpful and a confidence booster to all the contestants.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
(Sigh) After Michael Johns leaving, boy did that show seem boring to me! I always watch it until the end, but it seemed soooooo boring last night.

I think Idol's phone computer system must be broken. I still can't believe Michael Johns was voted off.

I guess David Cook would have to be my choice now. The other David is immensely talented, but just too cutesy. Like a smiley face. ;D
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintjulep
I hope Brooke leaves tonight. IMHO, I thought she didn't do well last night.
Where WAS that beef!! or the condiments!! :dontknow:

I'm not a fan of Kristy Lee Cook, but think she has been better the last 2 weeks.

Thought David A was the best by far. :#1:
And as much as I usually like David C, I didn't love his version last night,
even tho the judges did. Mariah songs were probably hard for the guys.

As long as neither David leaves, I'll be ok with the choice.
Otherwise I'll be bored too, like you Chels, since MJ left.

I thought Mariah was very nice last night.
She was kind, helpful and a confidence booster to all the contestants.
I am not a big fan of Brooke White's singing but she sure is cute. There's a fan base for her though as I expected her to be voted off a long time ago except that many people have been voting for her based on her charm, modesty, and seeming naivety.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Taltarzac

Maybe the AI fans are getting smarter with respect to judging how talent is packaged and not just going by the cover of the book so to speak. Carly Smithson if she were a book would be something rather dark but she does seem to have the best voice of the female singers.

The fans actually got who sang the worst Tuesday night in the bottom three--Syesha Mercado, Brooke White, and Kristy Lee Cook.

Still kind of surprised that it was not Brooke W. or Syesha Mercado who left. ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.