Felix Cavaliere

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Veteran member

First of all, Felix was a household name in my household. Anyway, I was shocked at the empty seats for the 6 PM show! And speaking with some folks around me, I was not alone in that. We fill the place for Gary Lewis and the Association (and not Felix, go figure. For gosh sakes, this guy is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! How often do we get that?

As far as the show, the band was super. They ran through most of the hits such as Good Lovin', Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore, Goovin', How Can I Be Sure (BTW Eddie was the lead vocal on the record), You Better Run, It's a Beautiful Morning, People Gotta Be Free, and so on. This was one of the best shows to have played here. It does give one pause as to whether or not we can support a performing arts center.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Tom, Mr. K9 and I were there for the 8:30pm show. The muscians accompanying Felix with very good and we really enjoyed the concert. It was very embarassing to us to see a number of people leave during the show! My thinking is that they were expecting more songs from The Young Rascals instead of the trip down memory lane with various songs by a number of different artists.
To leave the show early is an embarrasment. Maybe it was past their bedtime.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
To leave the show early is an embarrasment. Maybe it was past their bedtime.
No, they were just rude.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Felix is more of the Rascals than the group that played here called “The Lovin’ Spoonful”. I would much rather see Felix play then see the “Spoonful” without Sebastian and Zallie. Joe Butler singing “Do You Believe in Magic” while playing the autoharp does not do it for me. I remember reading the article in the paper about how residents always wanted to see the Spoonful. I wanted to say, “Well folks, you still haven’t”.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I remember reading the article in the paper about how residents always wanted to see the Spoonful. I wanted to say, “Well folks, you still haven’t”.
LOL. I saw a video of The Spoonful on the computer when they played in TV. As soon as I saw them -I said, "Where is John?" I thought it funny that people had no clue to what was going on. You can say the same for many groups such as Chicago, The Temptations etc.

Felix was to the Rascals as Frankie Vali was to the Four Seasons.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Hey Tom, we were in thte 3rd row center. Was you the guy I was talking to before the show, pointing out the lack of people in the seats?
In Europe and the UK, Barry Witwam is tourning with a bunch of guys calling his group Herman's Hermits as well as Johnny Steel touring as The Animals without Eric Burdon. Buyer beware!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Hey Tom, we were in thte 3rd row center. Was you the guy I was talking to before the show, pointing out the lack of people in the seats?
In Europe and the UK, Barry Witwam is tourning with a bunch of guys calling his group Herman's Hermits as well as Johnny Steel touring as The Animals without Eric Burdon. Buyer beware!
I don't remember anyone other than me telling a friend how empty the seats were. The Animals without Burton doesn't fly, nor does the Hermits without Peter Noone. It would be like The Stones without Jagger. Or Zep without Robert Plant.

How did you like the show?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

A great, great show. The Rascals were one my five favortie groups from the 60s (Beatles, Hollies, Byrds, Spoonful) and Felix can still put on a show. His back up musicians can really play. Now Dino and Gene are touring as the New Rascals. Anyone really want to see them? Felix was really the heart of that group. Again, it is really buyer beware out there.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.