The Hooligans Aren't Not of this Earth

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2021, 01:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Go to the website that has the photo you want to post, right click and scroll down to 'copy image address'.
That's my point, John. Not all my pictures have an "image address" (or URL).

I did try copying and pasting a URL in the "postcard" link for a pic on Facebook and that didn't work either. Don't have much luck editing here. I still can't figure out how to edit the title of this thread ("aren't") as Kenswing's instructions above failed me as well.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

when you right click, try saving as a jpeg & have it sent to desktop or downloads, then post by 'opening' the link
Old 02-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

142540903_10224244308713509_2218673972588522311_o-jpg
Old 02-01-2021, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

142906610_10224260330434042_2648884705301852875_o-jpg
Old 02-01-2021, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Aha! I figured it out!

Click on the tiny paper clip between the white smiley face and the left arrow on the top row of the message box.

Choose file (from your device)
Click upload
close window
Click down arrow to the right of tiny paper clip
Click manage attachment
Click file name

And that allowed me to post the two pictures above I created last week...for "Talk of the Music" (not so much for general consumption, I know).

Alas, and now I need to make them bigger.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Aha! I figured it out!

Click on the tiny paper clip between the white smiley face and the left arrow on the top row of the message box.

Choose file (from your device)
Click upload
close window
Click down arrow to the right of tiny paper clip
Click manage attachment
Click file name
That's what you do to attach a file, I have never had to save an image as file and then post it that way. Some websites will block their photos from sharing if too many people share an image it will slow the site down. I'll just search for the image somewhere else. Plus when you attach the photo, it's small which you discovered and the then must click on it again to make it popup larger.

Say I wanted a photo of Frank Zappa playing guitar and his website blocked sharing. I only come across that a handful of times a year. Just go to google and search and then click image instead all, and you'll have plenty of choices. When you see one you like, click on it and will appear in a box to the right and will be closer to it's real size. Hold your mouse over it, and the pixel size will appear in the lower left of the image. Now copy the address and go on your way, but don't close the page yet.

What you might encounter is a photo with an address that is a 1,000 characters, they do that to block you on google image. When I encounter that problem, I click on the link to the source just below the image and go to the site where the image actually exists. It's there that I try to copy the image again.

Here I just did a google search for beatles abbey road, and got many choices. If I want a large picture, I don't on the shopping sites because they generally have small album covers. In this situation I clicked on the one from beatles.com. When went to the right, I noticed it was 1200 pixels, which is a good size. I right clicked the mouse and copied the imaged address. Came back to TOTV and pasted it in the image icon at the top of the message board.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 PM

i've only been in the villages since Oct 28 and i've been to the squares only 5 times- BUT - i think i'm a Blonde Ambition groupie-
they have a dance show and every singer is great-i have no idea how the lead singer can keep her energy up for so long! they play one dancing tune after another with no breaks in the music.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Here I just did a google search for beatles abbey road, and got many choices. If I want a large picture, I don't on the shopping sites because they generally have small album covers. In this situation I clicked on the one from beatles.com. When went to the right, I noticed it was 1200 pixels, which is a good size. I right clicked the mouse and copied the imaged address. Came back to TOTV and pasted it in the image icon at the top of the message board.

The Villages Florida
Cool as heck outtake photo, that (even if Bernie is not in it!). This time Paul is not barefoot and John is the one that's out of step!
Old 02-01-2021, 10:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanh@wny.twcbc.com View Post
i've only been in the villages since Oct 28 and i've been to the squares only 5 times- BUT - i think i'm a Blonde Ambition groupie-
they have a dance show and every singer is great-i have no idea how the lead singer can keep her energy up for so long! they play one dancing tune after another with no breaks in the music.
Welcome to the Villages, Joan. We are truly lucky to have three free, high quality concerts every single day here, four including Edna's on the Green. I find it kind of mind-boggling and it's one of the reasons I moved here about a year ago.

Tags
hooligans, earth, songs, jaw, simply

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.