One of our own is playing at Paddock Square

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Platinum member
Default One of our own is playing at Paddock Square

One of our own TOTV posters Bill Davis (better known as BANDSDAVIS) has put together a three piece band and will be playing at Paddock Square on Wednesday night between 5-9. If you guys have nothing going on tomorrow night, please stop in and show your support for his new band. From what I know, the band called "Three for the Road" plays stuff like Dion, Beatles and the Beachboys and all the music anyone born from 1950-thru today would enjoy. Lets show a big turnout for them.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM

I'd love to check them out and will later upon your recommendation. I think I saw them on the March schedule and was wondering what kind of music they played. Tomorrow the Dan Story Band is playing at SS and they are definitely one of my favorites. So that's where I'll be.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for the support, Tommy! Hope some folks can make it over. Should be a nice evening!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Gold member

I know one of the band members. After golf this afternoon we've got a group heading down for dinner at City Fire and then over to listen to the music. Wish the weather was a little warmer.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
One of our own TOTV posters Bill Davis (better known as BANDSDAVIS) has put together a three piece band and will be playing at Paddock Square on Wednesday night between 5-9. If you guys have nothing going on tomorrow night, please stop in and show your support for his new band. From what I know, the band called "Three for the Road" plays stuff like Dion, Beatles and the Beachboys and all the music anyone born from 1950-thru today would enjoy. Lets show a big turnout for them.
I know a Bill Davis in the Villages but this is probably a different Bill Davis with the band. Cannot imagine the Bill Davis I know singing in a band especially not with stuff by the Beatles, Dion and the Beachboys.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
Thanks for the support, Tommy! Hope some folks can make it over. Should be a nice evening!
Maybe I shouldn't have said you play just The Beatles, Beachboys and Dion. I only saw you for two sets and I'm not authorized to tell stereotype your song list. The songs I mentioned were of my preference. You guys do appear to play everything and even those born later in life would find music they would enjoy.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

You are correct of course. One of the things people tell us they really like is our variety. You might catch us playing almost anything from the 60's - 80's, Clapton, and even more current songs like Zac Brown, "Hey Soul Sister", some Buffet songs, Van Morrison, even a couple from the Great American Songbook. So something for everyone and always a lot of fun! Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Oh I wish we were there!!! All the bands and songs you mentioned are awesome! I hope you get more bookings as we won't be in TV until June. I hope you get a big turnout!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.