R.I.P. Sinéad O'Connor.

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2023, 06:52 AM

Last edited by Sully; 08-12-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2023, 06:56 AM

Last edited by Sully; 08-12-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
There was one song that I really liked, just skimmed through a listing of her songs, and I cannot remember it.
"Nothing compares to you"? Written by Prince.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdoffive View Post
never one of my favorites.

Still, r.i.p.
no loss here!
Old 07-28-2023, 03:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyGEw8lHG8
My favorite song.
Old 07-28-2023, 04:39 PM

Who really cares.
Old 07-28-2023, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If it didn't offend the Pope, why would it offend the Catholics? Do they think he's too stupid to be offended and they're being offended on his behalf? Or do they not realize that - his position is intended to set the example, and they should attempt to emulate by - not being offended?

I mean - what she did was in poor taste, and inappropriate for the setting. But I totally agreed with the nature of her complaint. Anyone who doesn't agree with it, is someone who thinks it's okay for Catholic priests to molest boys and for the Pope to condone it by not admitting that it happened and condemning it.

Also to whoever it was that has a problem with her bald head: God only made a certain number of perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair.
K, I’ll try to explain. To most Roman Catholics the Pope is the holy father. He is not perfect, only God is perfect. But he is elected to be on the highest level of the Catholic faith. I saw the Pope once, from far away, in his Pope mobile and to me, his holiness radiated around him. I could feel it half a mile away. At the time I was not a Roman Catholic myself.

Yes molesting, raping is evil, but it was not the Pope doing it. I understand that he has to take action. The Catholic Church is dealing with these issues, slowly, very slowly, too slowly. The Catholic people are more horrified than anyone else that this is done by a trusted and often loved individual, the priest. That a person you turn to for guidance and understanding of God’s will on earth could possibly betray you like that. It is worse than incest in the family. Yes, it must be dealt with.
Old 07-28-2023, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
K, I’ll try to explain. To most Roman Catholics the Pope is the holy father. He is not perfect, only God is perfect. But he is elected to be on the highest level of the Catholic faith. I saw the Pope once, from far away, in his Pope mobile and to me, his holiness radiated around him. I could feel it half a mile away. At the time I was not a Roman Catholic myself.

Yes molesting, raping is evil, but it was not the Pope doing it. I understand that he has to take action. The Catholic Church is dealing with these issues, slowly, very slowly, too slowly. The Catholic people are more horrified than anyone else that this is done by a trusted and often loved individual, the priest. That a person you turn to for guidance and understanding of God’s will on earth could possibly betray you like that. It is worse than incest in the family. Yes, it must be dealt with.
My parents met one of the previous Popes, had an audience with him at the Vatican. The person Catholics turn to for guidance and understanding of God's will - is the Pope. He is the "guy in charge" of all the other priests. The buck stops with him. He chose not to act immediately. The next Pope also chose not to act immediately. The Pope after that one chose not to act immediately. The current Pope has chosen not to act immediately. Who knows how far back this goes, but it's at -least- four Popes old.

That the followers of this religion continue to justify, make excuses, and say "yeah we hate this" but refuse to walk away when enough is enough, tells me everything I need to know about the Catholic religion.

You don't even have to move if you don't like it. You just have to - accept that the Catholic church is not what you thought you were signing up for, and it's time for something else.
Old 07-28-2023, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
My parents met one of the previous Popes, had an audience with him at the Vatican. The person Catholics turn to for guidance and understanding of God's will - is the Pope. He is the "guy in charge" of all the other priests. The buck stops with him. He chose not to act immediately. The next Pope also chose not to act immediately. The Pope after that one chose not to act immediately. The current Pope has chosen not to act immediately. Who knows how far back this goes, but it's at -least- four Popes old.

That the followers of this religion continue to justify, make excuses, and say "yeah we hate this" but refuse to walk away when enough is enough, tells me everything I need to know about the Catholic religion.

You don't even have to move if you don't like it. You just have to - accept that the Catholic church is not what you thought you were signing up for, and it's time for something else.
Actually the Pope doesn’t quite have the executive powers of, say, the President of the United States. The buck actually doesn’t stop with him, it stops with God. Nevertheless, I agree that more, faster and greater action should to be taken to compensate the victims and put in measures not to let it happen again in the future.

And look what happened to “the messenger” it was not the Pope or the Catholic people that took her life….
Old 07-28-2023, 09:55 PM

Also in 1990, she was criticised after she stated that she would not perform if the United States national anthem was played before one of her concerts; Frank Sinatra threatened to "kick her in the ass".
Old 07-29-2023, 03:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Actually the Pope doesn’t quite have the executive powers of, say, the President of the United States. The buck actually doesn’t stop with him, it stops with God. Nevertheless, I agree that more, faster and greater action should to be taken to compensate the victims and put in measures not to let it happen again in the future.

And look what happened to “the messenger” it was not the Pope or the Catholic people that took her life….
So the Big Boss is bumping of whistleblowers?
Old 07-29-2023, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
So the Big Boss is bumping of whistleblowers?
Why don’t you ask the “Big Boss” directly?
Closed Thread

Tags
r.i.p, made, things, sinéad, voice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.