Rock & Classic Rock Music

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Default Rock & Classic Rock Music

Just wondering what there is for rock music and classic rock music at TV. Are their venues that have live music or concerts or clubs?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvp7527 View Post
Just wondering what there is for rock music and classic rock music at TV. Are their venues that have live music or concerts or clubs?
Lots and lots of classic rock. Of course every night at both town squares we have music. If you haven't seen Rocky and the Rollers yet, you are in for a treat. Also, Katie Bell's has great entertainers and Savannah often has famous entertainers. I believe that this month in The Villages there will be a BeeGees tribute band and a Four Seasons tribute band.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 PM

Also curious about this subject.

But you may want to clarify what you consider "classic" rock. To me that means the late 60's to maybe 1980, but it seems that the majority of musical interest right now in TV would be in the 1950 through 1965 range. I can just imagine how a Led Zepplin tribute would go over.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post

I can just imagine how a Led Zepplin tribute would go over.
Our time will come,
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

There are some of us that love the music from every generation from the 1950 to present. However, for me two exceptions Hip Hop and Rap. It is really surprising to me that they have dozens and dozens of rap and Hip Hop singers but only one song...they all play over and over and over and over.....
Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Our time will come,
I hope soon. Floyd and Zep and I am there, nothing else needed.

VG
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage

In the few years I have been here, I have seen (heard?) the range of music changing. When we first got here, it was almost all 50's/60's, then some 70's was mixed in. And now I've heard some 80's stuff.

I agree that if/when hip-hop or rap start downtown, I'll shut the doors and windows. Gosh, I sound like my grandparents when rock started. My parents were OK with it since they grew up in the swing era.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Veteran member

the trouble with rap is they left out the "c"
Old 12-10-2011, 04:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer View Post
I hope soon. Floyd and Zep and I am there, nothing else needed.

VG
Ditto! Late sixties, seventies! Classic rock and roll!
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Thanks for the posts. By classic rock I mean late 60s, 70s, and 80s rock. The Woodstock generation music & LedZep, Dead, Aerosmith, Queen, Dead, Skynyrd, Petty, REO, ZZTop, Beatles, Stones & that type of music.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the posts. By classic rock I mean late 60s, 70s, and 80s rock. The Woodstock generation music & LedZep, Dead, Aerosmith, Queen, Dead, Skynyrd, Petty, REO, ZZTop, Beatles, Stones & that type of music.
I owned and operated a record store and mail order business that featured classic rock from the late 60's to mid 80's, so I know where you're coming from.

The band Yesterdayze is my favorite, they all wear dye-die shirts and playing mostly late 60's, my favorite era. They have male singers and one female so they can do anything from Hendrix to Jefferson Airplane. Unfortunately I've only gotten to see them once at LSL because the other two times it rained. They're not on the upcoming schedule.

A band that does play a lot at LSL is Cactus Jack & the Cadillacs. They do some 50's and Elvis but I've also heard them do a very loud version of 'Born to Be Wild' and a song I never hear live, '96 Tears'. They are usually at the square every other week and are probably the most popular next to Rocky & the Rollers, which is a mostly 50's and early 60's band.

I haven't heard anyone do the Beatles, although January 16th they are having a Beatles Tribute Band at Savannah Center and my neighbors and us already have our tickets.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Ditto on Yesterdaze....they are my new favorite band in TV. They also do a decent medley of Beatles tunes, as part of their set. They have been playing quite a bit a Katie Bell's, so you might check that schedule.

Saw Cactus Jack on Thursday at LSL and they actually did a Chiristmas Medley that ROCKED! Fun Band....

We're slowly easing our way into the late 60's and early 70's....WOO HOO!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:30 PM

Those bands and music are not considered Classic Rock in the music industry, but Golden Oldies, 50's 60's and disco music. Just to clarify the Classic Rock Genre is bands like the Rolling Stones, Who, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Beatles, and similar music that came out a bit later than the ones you mentioned. However at Katie Belles, Donna Moore does a marvelous salute to the type of music you mentioned.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 PM

Actually I heard a wonderful band in Spanish Springs square last Saturday night. Not only a Beatles medley (with Sgt Pepper's LHCB)but many other Classic Rock favorites like Pink Floyd, Who, ELP, Eagles, Billy Idol, The Police, ZZ Top.....It was so good we stayed even after the car show ended. The band was called "Uncle Bob's Rock Shop" and they are supposed to be at one of the squares in January and also in Katie Bells, I think they said first weekend of January.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
Lots and lots of classic rock. Of course every night at both town squares we have music. If you haven't seen Rocky and the Rollers yet, you are in for a treat. Also, Katie Bell's has great entertainers and Savannah often has famous entertainers. I believe that this month in The Villages there will be a BeeGees tribute band and a Four Seasons tribute band.
PLEASE. Let me know when these groups will be playing. I would like to check them out. Do you know their Stage Name?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.