ROCK MUSIC

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: ROCK MUSIC

Maybe, this has something to do with the songs that were popular when these Villagers were in their teens and having their first dates, kisses, etc. If the average Villager is around 70 (born 1937), then that would mean that we would be hearing songs from around 1952 through 1962? The 50s pretty much? :dontknow:
Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

When I was down for my lifestyle visit in August my thoughts were this is 50s radio. My memory says this is what was playing when my parents had the radio on when I was preteen. ;D
Old 10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
When I was down for my lifestyle visit in August my thoughts were this is 50s radio. My memory says this is what was playing when my parents had the radio on when I was preteen. ;D
This 50s music is kind of boring for those of us that do not have any memories associated with it. I suppose you could create your own memories here in the Villages to re-associate with this music like when you get your first hole-in-one on a Villages golf course??
Old 10-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Younger maybe - hipper I question. ;D ;D
Old 10-05-2007, 04:24 PM

In 1955 I was 10 years old. The music they play here, although I am certainly familiar with it, is the music of my brother's life, and he's 7 years older. I also agree as to why they play it, but the same old stuff where ever you go? Katie Bells, Lighthouse, the squares, it's the same all the time. I'm not suggesting getting rid of it, but how about expanding the offering a little into more hip and current stuff. I mean, what's wrong with some Tom Petty, Allman Bros, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, etc.?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Veteran member

Well, I heard lots of 50's music when I was very young. Being the youngest of 8, I had older siblings who (thought they) were "hip" in the 50's. 8) While I do have memories of the music, I need the late 60's and 70's rock music to make me really happy.

Someone else mentioned Eric Clapton. I think I forgot to mention Eric when I first responded to a "rock music" thread. One memory, while in Montreal for a few days in the 70's (I frequently visited Montreal), I was in the lobby of our hotel, and Eric ran though. He sent one of his posse (roadie?) over to me and invited me to the show. Said I could watch the show from backstage. I was also invited to the after show party on "x" floor of our hotel. Well, I knew what I would likely be expected to do in exchange for these favors. I wasn't a groupie, and already had a date for the evening, so I didn't go to the concert or to the party. Sometimes I've kicked myself in the rump over that, but I knew it was the right decision at the time.

My fav Clapton song is "Cocaine". (Note to big sister: just because I like the song, that doesn't mean I used cocaine.) ;D
Old 10-05-2007, 04:53 PM

Hey bestmickey, rock on, Cocaine was an awesome song, especially if you crank it up, lol!!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

You young whippersnappers just don't appreciate good music. Am I that old?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Veteran member

Well as I have mentioned before we are on the outside looking in, dreamin of 4 years from now. Hhopefully the radio station there will be playing sixties, seventies and eighties by then.
Actually we are going to see and listen to QUEEN Live tonight :hot: :hot: here in California.

Could you even imagine what the hip hop and rapper age group will call an oldie oh gawd
Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 PM

'bestmickey' - when we meet in one of the squares late 2008, for a cold one, I've already ordered up a set of Clapton.. 'Cocaine' will lead it off!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Good move ripwho...looking forward to it! :bigthumbsup:
Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 AM

You hear "Old Time Rock n Roll" a lot. How about some of the other great tunes that were hits for Bop Seger! Also some Stones tunes would be a nice change of pace.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 PM

WE HAVE BEEN DOWN FOR 6 WEEKS NOW AND STILL ALL I HEAR IS THE 50'S AND 60'S MUSIC. VERY LITTLE OF WHAT I CALL ROCK AND ROLL AND NO ROCK AT ALL. THE SAME SONGS ALL OVER AND OVER. MIX IT UP PEOPLE. GIVE US SOME GOOD ROCK. TAKE CARE KAR GUY
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Do remember the 60's? If you do, you weren't there man! I think it was Bob Dylan who recently said that everything written in the past 10 years is crap. Well.... not everything, but I agree somewhat. If I hear a tune, and there's no way that I can hum or whistle part of it a few minutes later, it's crap. It doesn't have a hook as they say. A friend of mine likes Godsmack; I can only listen to about 5 minutes of it and I want to puke. Give me Dion and the Bellmonts anyday.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

A one and a two,everybody follow the bouncing ball and SING ALONG WITH MITCH...c ome on now I know youve watched the show.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.