ROCK MUSIC

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Cool A little change is nice

Hey I love Classic Rock and Golden Oldies but TV Radio station should do like a "Rat Pack" show...Frank S, Dean M, Sammy D, throw some Tony B, and some Big Bands too.
How many times can we listen to "My boyfriend's back"or CCR .... etc. and this is coming from someone who was at Woodstock.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

I like the music from the 50's & 60's. This is when a lot of us were growing up and it brings back many fond memories.
I also like old country western music...............concerts..................jazz ........some light rock...........but I can't stand RAP!
20 years from now TV squares will be playing oldies from the 80's & 90's.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

SABR,

My favorite band in TV is Shepherd's Pie. They play classic rock with a little bluesy stuff (Steve Ray, etc) thrown in. Their lead singer (Dunning Shaw) also performs at KBs as a duo with Donna Moore on Monday nights. I have not been to one of these shows yet - but hope to soon.

If you like Rock, look for Shepherds Pie!

Kate

PS - I like some of the newer rock stuff - but mostly Clapton, The Beatles, The Stones, Seger, Mellencamp, Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple...)
Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM

I like new age: Mannheim Streamroller, Narada, Enya. And...Renaissance music (old lute music).
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opbob77 View Post
I've weighed in on this topic early on, but after reading some of this recent stuff I feel compelled to respond again. No one is saying that 50's & 60's music or the other genres played here should be disposed of, just let's add some music of recent vintage. I don't like to go to the squares that much any more because every group seems to have the same play list. It doesn't matter how good they are. The 'Sounds of Time' are now ripping off music from Scooter and the Karackter(sp?) Band does mostly disco which is right up there with cRAP, and I really don't need to hear the Macarena every night.

When I think of Rock n Roll I think of Clapton, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, GnR, Motley Crue, AC/DC, 80's hair bands, etc. in addition to all the pop groups previously mentioned. Good songs with kick ass guitar riffs, power ballads. How about some Blues, the absolute prime origin of ALL RnR. Bobby Tate did a blues and jazz gig at Katy Belles the other night I would have paid money to see.

The other day the local rag had an article about the changing age demographics here, that being we are much younger. Yet the music doesn't respond to that. I think we can all agree that the really older group tends towards Spanish Springs, so maybe keep what we currently have there and update/upgrade at Lake Sumter.
I would also like to hear The Beatles,Fleetwood Mac,Heart,Janis Joplin,Hendrix,Meatloaf,Santana,CCR and I could name many other from the 60's and 70's. This is the music many of us grew up listening to. I love the entertainment provided but agree it would be nice to hear more music for us Villagers in our 50's and 60's.

Rock On!!!! Times they are Changin!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Eternal Member

I love the big hair boys. Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, White Snake, Great White, Journey. Oh yea, throw in some Eagles !!!
But, I also like good rock & roll to dance to. Rocky & The Rollers, Sensation & many others here are excellent.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:49 PM

Don't forget about Queen!! Those guys were the finest musicians of a generation!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Now if only Norman Lee would learn and perform Stairway To Heaven off the forth Led Zeppelin album it would be unreal. He has the vocal range and this was the acoustic album so they did not use a lot of instruments that his group does not already have. He could do it and do it well. This is the most requested song of all time and has true meaning to everyone regardless of age.

What other song would anyone ever equate to TV?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Cant beat Jimmy Buffett!! (Being a parrothead from across The Pond) I met him in London on July the 5th this year O M G!!
Also love the Stones, Genesis, AND some new Country, especially Alan Jackson. Have you seen him???????
Tall Blond and handsome
Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Now if only Norman Lee would learn and perform Stairway To Heaven off the forth Led Zeppelin album it would be unreal. He has the vocal range and this was the acoustic album so they did not use a lot of instruments that his group does not already have. He could do it and do it well. This is the most requested song of all time and has true meaning to everyone regardless of age.

What other song would anyone ever equate to TV?
Hawk,.

You are so right - Norman could definitely hit those notes. While I love Shepherd's Pie - I also think Norman and R&RT are awesome....
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Musicians....

Interesting thread.... I will also be moving to the Villages in a couple years and would like to see the music a bit more updated. I grew up on Rock and Roll and played drums in rock bands for 20 years...

How many other hard rock musicians are out there that might be interested forming a "commercial" group???
Old 12-08-2009, 03:26 PM

I love rock. I keep telling my husband I can't wait until TV keeps up with the music. He tells me I'm too young.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Default Rock music ........

I once tried to make rock music. I got two medium sized rocks (didn't want it to loud) and rubbed them together. I got no music, just a grating sound, no wait, I guess that is kinda like "rock music" (very grating)!
Give me Glenn Miller or Artie Shaw anytime. And I'm not an oldster. I just appreciate real music that you cam dance to.

Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM

Hey Kar-guy, I'm 64 and love R&R,country,jazz even some opera.
Also love Black EYe Peas, Gwen Stephani, Beonce', Jayzee and shocker of it all I love 50 cent (fittycent) but he's a little risque but I think so talented and I do love his music....Play on.......................
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Smile

I like the newer rock too. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I like that, but I also like the stuff today, 3 Doors Down, Train, Tonic, Nickelback, Alanis Morissette, Creed, The Calling, The Villages is pretty young with the music they played when my husband and I were there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.