Sound system recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2022, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts
Default Sound system recommendation

Samsung sound bar F450 skips sometimes when streaming from iPhone. Sono bar doesn’t have enough bass for my liking. Anyone can recommend a good system for a sound room? Do I HAVE to put the speakers in the walls for right level positioning?
Old 12-02-2022, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Samsung sound bar F450 skips sometimes when streaming from iPhone. Sono bar doesn’t have enough bass for my liking. Anyone can recommend a good system for a sound room? Do I HAVE to put the speakers in the walls for right level positioning?
There are all kinds of options at all price levels. If you want a soundbar, you may want to check out the new Roku soundbars, that have the option to add additional wireless speakers, and it will also turn your TV into a Roku streaming device.

I don't think your Samsung skipping problem is related to the brand name. You don't need to install speakers in the wall. Just put them on a cabinet or bookshelf or buy speaker stands.

Another option is to buy a receiver and connect your speakers to it, especially if you want surround sound. That is my preferred method for a sound room, and I like Pioneer receivers. As far as price goes, the sky is the limit.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:02 PM
Sage

I have a pioneer surround system up north, with subwoofer which scares me with its power when playing movies. My husband set it up with a receiver and many inputs. In TV I have to set up my own system, my dear hubby can’t help me any more.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:22 PM
Sage

If you are going to buy a receiver, get one with bluetooth to connect to your phone, and get at least a 5.1 surround connection for speakers. It is actually better to use at least 2 subwoofers. Don't spend a lot of money on the rear surround speakers. They don't do much. Also, I like Pioneer receivers, but I don't recommend Pioneer speakers. If you have a big budget, Definitive Technology powered tower speakers are great, and they have subwoofers built in. The biggest set-up challenge is to hide the speaker wires to the rear speakers.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:38 PM
Sage

Can I hide the wires under the floor? That’s what we did up north. I find the quality of sound depends to a certain extent on the budget, in TV I also have to be careful not to get it so that it bothers my wonderful neighbors. In my younger days I had an equalizer for the amp, do they have those for sound systems?
Old 12-02-2022, 03:55 PM
Veteran member

Take a look at ZVOX. I have one and like it.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Can I hide the wires under the floor? That’s what we did up north. I find the quality of sound depends to a certain extent on the budget, in TV I also have to be careful not to get it so that it bothers my wonderful neighbors. In my younger days I had an equalizer for the amp, do they have those for sound systems?
I ran my wires along the wall at the floor, under the carpet. But, I used special plastic conduit to run the wires around a door frame. Almost totally invisible. A receiver will have several sound effect settings that will do the same thing as an equalizer. You can buy a separate equalizer, but, most people don't use equalizers anymore. Unless you are in an apartment, I don't think the sound will bother the neighbors.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:12 AM

Set your wi-fi connection to your Samsung sound bar to the 5GHz band. I had the same problem (skipping) with mine and making that change fixed it.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:51 AM

I love my Sonos, I run two SLs on stands, a Beam soundbar and the sub woofer. Great streaming features and rich sound quality. No wires.

Last edited by Joe Sacco; 12-03-2022 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Bose anything is your answer.

I did buy a $99 dollar Roku speaker in a moment of weakness and am happy with the quality. It is just for the bedroom television so it fine.

The Granddaddy Soundbar and wireless woofer on the living room television can’t be beat in the thousand dollar price range. Watching Top Gun or Maverick on that set makes you feel like the planes are landing in your living room. It even comes with equipment to customize the sound in the space you are using it in.

Bose customer service is top drawer.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2022, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbajeda View Post
Set your wi-fi connection to your Samsung sound bar to the 5GHz band. I had the same problem (skipping) with mine and making that change fixed it.
I'm confused. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Samsung F450 has a wifi connection. There is a wireless antenna connection between the soundbar and the subwoofer, but it uses a 2.4GHz frequency and I don't think that can be changed. The manual says:

"If you use a device that uses the same frequency (2.4GHz) near the system, interference may cause some sound interruption."

I assumed that the reference the OP made about streaming was a bluetooth connection with an IPhone. OP, you may want to check for any other wireless devices in the area that could be causing interference with the soundbar antenna.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

I did buy a $99 dollar Roku speaker in a moment of weakness and am happy with the quality. It is just for the bedroom television so it fine.

The Granddaddy Soundbar and wireless woofer on the living room television can’t be beat in the thousand dollar price range. Watching Top Gun or Maverick on that set makes you feel like the planes are landing in your living room. It even comes with equipment to customize the sound in the space you are using it in.

Good luck!
I agree with the customer service. I purchased a pair of Bose 901 speakers over 40 years ago, and, after only 30 years of use, they started to vibrate. I called Bose, and they paid to have them shipped back, repaired them, and shipped them back to me. My total cost was $100.

I now have a small Bose soundbar in my bedroom and a pair of the 700 headphones. It looks like their top-of-the line soundbar surround system costs about $2,100. Expensive, but I'm sure it sounds good.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree with the customer service. I purchased a pair of Bose 901 speakers over 40 years ago, and, after only 30 years of use, they started to vibrate. I called Bose, and they paid to have them shipped back, repaired them, and shipped them back to me. My total cost was $100.

I now have a small Bose soundbar in my bedroom and a pair of the 700 headphones. It looks like their top-of-the line soundbar surround system costs about $2,100. Expensive, but I'm sure it sounds good.
I bought it at a Bose outlet in South Jersey just before we moved here. All reconditioned equipment. $1200. If it was new it was over $2000. We don’t drink or drug and rarely gamble. Electronics are my weakness!
Old 12-03-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Go with the Sonos ARC system. It is a superior product with a superior price.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Good luck!
No highs no lows must be Bose, not my favorite sound system.
Closed Thread

Tags
sound, system, bar, good, room

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.