Sound system recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2022, 10:45 AM
Default Sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Samsung sound bar F450 skips sometimes when streaming from iPhone. Sono bar doesn’t have enough bass for my liking. Anyone can recommend a good system for a sound room? Do I HAVE to put the speakers in the walls for right level positioning?
I have a full surround sound system for sale with Rocket Fish wireless connection for rear speakers 7.1 Sony receiver and speaker stands krewzen2@yahoo.com for more information . krewzen2@yahoo. com
Old 12-03-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Samsung sound bar F450 skips sometimes when streaming from iPhone. Sono bar doesn’t have enough bass for my liking. Anyone can recommend a good system for a sound room? Do I HAVE to put the speakers in the walls for right level positioning?
I had a premium Bose system for many years .. but was never happy with it. I am now “all in” on Sonos and have them in every room of the house. For the TV, I use a Sonos beam paired with 2 sonos ones and the sonos subwoofer mini. I am very satisfied. Streaming anything from my iphone is a breeze. And sonos makes it easy to stream to any and all rooms at once (also easy to stream TV audio to any other speaker)

Whatever you choose, stay away from bluetooth speakers. The bluetooth spec does not support the required data speeds for truely high fidelity. So the bluetooth connection will limit sound quality. (Well I suspect that many of the seniors here have some loss of hearing … so you may not notice …)
Old 12-03-2022, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Ah, my hearing is still very good I wish my eyes were as good…. I’ll have to re-examine the Sonos line up. The one I have is about 36 inches long (I estimate) and it’s wall mounted under the television. Up north, I have surround sound. But in TV too I would like to have a good sound system in a couple of rooms, I mean, if a penny drops on the recording, I can tell in the room exactly where that penny is physically. Perhaps I don’t need a dedicated sound room. I learn so much from this forum!
Old 12-03-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
If you already have a Sonos soundbar, you have the gold standard. Just add the Sonos woofer (you can place it anywhere in the room such as behind a sofa)) and two rear Sonos One's (on top of your kitchen cabinets) and you will have the best sound you have ever heard.

Life is short - just do it
Old 12-03-2022, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
If you already have a Sonos soundbar, you have the gold standard. Just add the Sonos woofer (you can place it anywhere in the room such as behind a sofa)) and two rear Sonos One's (on top of your kitchen cabinets) and you will have the best sound you have ever heard.

I just love your positivity! Thank you.
Old 12-04-2022, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post

Same here, good advise.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Take a look at the Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.1 (Shockwafe Elite 7.2 eARC with Dolby Atmos Soundbar | Dual Subs | 2-way Surrounds | Nakamichi USA | True Surround Soundbar with Dolby Atmos & DTS:X). This is an amazing sound system that gives excellent performance. The dual subwoofers are wireless, and the rear speakers connect to the subs, so no wires from the main soundbar to the rear speakers/subs!

I replaced my $5K system from my old home with this when I moved here and couldn't be happier. The sound rivals complete high end amp and speaker setup in a compact package.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:38 AM
Default Sonos Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sacco View Post
I love my Sonos, I run two SLs on stands, a Beam soundbar and the sub woofer. Great streaming features and rich sound quality. No wires.
I bought Sonos too - the Arc line in my case. Awesome and excellent bass. Got the white SL to blend it with the walls.
Old 12-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Default Sonos Surround Sound System Install

Who can I use to integrate the system components … doing it on my own has not worked.
Closed Thread

Tags
sound, system, bar, good, room

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.