Spanish Springs Cruise In?!!

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2020, 07:57 AM

Those who give up freedom for safety deserves nether.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I was shocked to drive by Spanish Spring's Square tonight and see HOW MANY PEOPLE were there. ZERO parking spots. WOW. I think it was some kind of a 'cruise in'. Were you there? Did you feel okay with the amount of people mingling? Certainly not my cup of tea during a pandemic since I have to be super careful to not get sick, but wondering if you felt safe enough to attend.
Zero parking because the square has all the show cars parked in them..
Old 11-22-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
No - I do *not* feel uncomfortable at all attending these great events and seeing people enjoying life and purpose - responsibly. I love it!!! I just moved here from a state with significant lock downs and felt my purpose in life was non-existent and my physical and mental health was declining fast...... I can’t tell you how refreshing it is to see life and have purpose again! We all face death - everyday - and must guard against many things (yes, we encounter many diseases, accidents, crime- a bunch of threats every day - COVID is just one of many things) - but that doesn’t mean our lives are over and we must remain locked up in seclusion! Once we get to the point that our only option is to stay confined in the home with no face-to-face human contact - what is the purpose of our existence? Thank you for the wonderful events!!! Thank you!!! And for those who do not feel comfortable - stay home and know *** you can always reach out to those who are not afraid - to be there for you - if you need assistance with anything. ***
Awesome, welcome to the free state of Florida! Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
No - I do *not* feel uncomfortable at all attending these great events and seeing people enjoying life and purpose - responsibly. I love it!!! I just moved here from a state with significant lock downs and felt my purpose in life was non-existent and my physical and mental health was declining fast...... I can’t tell you how refreshing it is to see life and have purpose again! We all face death - everyday - and must guard against many things (yes, we encounter many diseases, accidents, crime- a bunch of threats every day - COVID is just one of many things) - but that doesn’t mean our lives are over and we mustremain locked up in seclusion! Once we get to the point that our only option is to stay confined in the home with no face-to-face human contact - what is the purpose of our existence? Thank you for the wonderful events!!! Thank you!!! And for those who do not feel comfortable - stay home and know *** you can always reach out to those who are not afraid - to be there for you - if you need assistance with anything. ***
Exactly, you moved here from a state with a lockdown. Obviously, where you lived, must have had a major breakout of the virus which mandated a reason for that lockdown. We could be in the same position here in the flash of a moment if people become irresponsible in making an effort to avoid the spread. We would not need lockdowns if people followed a few simple steps. One, no large gatherings. Right now, we have people coming from all over the US, to their winter homes, rentals or a vacation. The risk level is going up each day along with the number of people getting sick here in TV. Unfortunately, geographically, we live in an area that does not have but two hospitals which are barely equipped to handle a normal aging population, let alone a pandemic. I am so tired of people saying stay home or I am healthy so I do not need to worry. Cancer is a silent killer. Heart issues sometimes kill without knowledge and people could be spreading the virus and not even know they have it. I hope we never have to experience what you did, but, if we continue to allow large crowds for events like this, that day may be repeated for you. You say you will be there for us....what you can do for us is be responsible and do not spread the virus in our community. People don’t have to stay home, but in the last month, we see so many people arriving here to escape the virus, and because our numbers are low, they act like there is no virus!! Stay safe, the virus is here. We just don’t have the testing here to support the real numbers.

Last edited by Fisherman; 11-22-2020 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 11-22-2020, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourBrain View Post
I was wondering the same. However, I don’t see ONE single person with a mask. I don’t think these are new pics.
No, theyre not and houldnt be posted to make people believe that the square is this crowded and all maskless. Its called, “Fake news”
Old 11-22-2020, 08:28 AM
Default Cruise in

Quote:
I was shocked to drive by Spanish Spring's Square tonight and see HOW MANY PEOPLE were there. ZERO parking spots. WOW. I think it was some kind of a 'cruise in'. Were you there? Did you feel okay with the amount of people mingling? Certainly not my cup of tea during a pandemic since I have to be super careful to not get sick, but wondering if you felt safe enough to attend.
Were people wearing masks? Probably not all of the crowd. I dont understand why people refuse to wear them.
Answer. No, I do not think its safe to be mingling with so many people.
I hope that these gatherings do not end up being super spreaders.

Stewiegal
Old 11-22-2020, 08:34 AM

The COVID 19 is still here, so is Tuberculosis, influenza, yellow fever, Ebola, polio, COVID 12 14 16 and all the other plaques that have best mankind.
Will you remain isolated until they are gone and you are safe?

You will be awaiting centuries. Yes, this one likes the elderly, but the recovery rate is over 99%.

Yes, if you get it, as an elderly patient or one with other issues, you will be very ill for a bit.

If you are afraid take maximum precautions, but let the rest of us lead our lives. You will not eradicate this pathogen.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:41 AM

Yes
Old 11-22-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I it bothers you so much, why did you go there?
Old 11-22-2020, 08:52 AM

Don’t think those pictures were from last night. Went to share picture with my brother and title of picture said Feb!! Very misleading pictures making people think no social distancing
Old 11-22-2020, 09:03 AM

Clearly many of you did not lose a beloved family member-who had NO comorbidities-to Covid-19. And clearly many of you don’t have family members working in hospitals caring directly for Covid patients...risking their own lives. Maybe talk to one of these healthcare workers that has been the only one who can hold that patients hand when they’re terrified, because the patients spouse & children can’t come into the hospital because of Covid.
It’s hard for me to understand that so many people can believe this isn’t an actual concern, unless they truly live in a ‘bubble’ and don’t know anyone who has been directly impacted by this very real pandemic.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:04 AM

Happens every month
Antique car show. Cars from all over come to participate. People vote for the best of the show. Really great for car buffs. Surprised you did not know about this. You must be new to The Villages
Old 11-22-2020, 09:08 AM
Default Exactly

I don't know how many times I have posted the same reply to similar threads. If you are afraid stay home. Food can be delivered to your house. Medications can be delivered as well. If a big crowd of people comes my way, I just move 6 feet away. It's not rocket science.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
An obvious question is how you could have driven by the Square when the streets were closed off? And ZERO parking spots? Are you sure you were at Spanish Springs.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
If you have health issues stay home away from crowds. We are fed up with living in fear and shutdown from Corona. If you die you die, your time is up. Live the few years you have left.
Heartless and callous.

Tags
people, springs, spanish, cruise, tonight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.