Television Concert tonight (12/12) at 7:30

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer View Post
What the hay? Do they have a dress code to get into the concert or did they just import Wall Street suits to the show.

I wonder what the face value of a ticket was.

VG
vg - tix went from $175 to $600! so many suits there because lots of corps paid for tix; and with a 7:30 start time [7:15 in your seat, please] there was just enough time to leave work, grab a bite to eat and get there!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Gold member

Wonder if Stub Hub is donating their take.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Wonder if Stub Hub is donating their take.
wouldn't that be a first!!!! lol

Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geonagle View Post
Thanks for the reminder... I'm definitely going to DVR this!

I believe that this may be the second time that the Stones ,Who and Beatles ( McCartney) are playing on the same bill. The first might have been the Stones Rock and Roll Circus ( with John Lennon .) In any event, an historic concert tonight!

They all appeared at the concert for the victims of 9/11.

Kanye West just got done. I had to change the channel. He went on for way too long.

I just don't get how walking and talking passes for music.

God Bless him for donating his time and appearing, but I really could do without him.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
They all appeared at the concert for the victims of 9/11.

Kanye West just got done. I had to change the channel. He went on for way too long.

I just don't get how walking and talking passes for music.

God Bless him for donating his time and appearing, but I really could do without him.
None of us should criticize the musicians because they gave their time to a good cause. But yes, I agree with Winston. Rap is not a form of music. I went up stairs to have a cup of hot chocolate, while Kanye West was on and when I came downstairs again he was still on. A little less of Kayne and more of Clapton (who I thought was given a quick exit) and The Stones would have worked better for me.

The Who and Roger Waters a;so had too much time on stage. Would have been nice to see Clapton do Layla and the Stones more classics.(They certainly have a large enough library to choose from) I was also a bit disappointed with Paul McCartney. It would have been great to hear songs like Hey Jude, Get Back, Let it Be ...and the list goes on. For some reason Paul has a tendency not to play Beatle stuff.
Two surprises were - having not much knowledge about Alica Keys I must admit her talents impressed me.
My opinion the most enjoyable performances of the night were Bon Jovi, Bruce and Billy Joel with Alica Keys following. Although I must admit that watching Mick, Keith and Woody trying to act like teenagers again. To say it bluntly...These three giants have not aged well. A shame other musician from the stricken area such as Simon and Garfunkel, Barbra and Neil,and other magical groups like maybe a reunion of The Rascals. (having built their reputation at The Barge in The Hampton's. Otherwise everyone did good, whether I liked their performance or not, they accomplished their goal and raised lots of $$$ for the cause. I just hope the money goes to the right place.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Sage
Default Concert Pictoral

I thought some people might enjoy the pictures of artists from last nights concert.

12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief: Stars align to raise money for victims of Hurricane Sandy - NY Daily News

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Sage
Default 400 Million Raised

Charities raised $400M for Sandy relief: NY attorney general - NYPOST.com

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geonagle View Post
Thanks for the reminder... I'm definitely going to DVR this!

I believe that this may be the second time that the Stones ,Who and Beatles ( McCartney) are playing on the same bill. The first might have been the Stones Rock and Roll Circus ( with John Lennon .) In any event, an historic concert tonight!
In case anyone might find this interesting... this is the lineup of performers at the New Musical Express Poll Winners Concert on May 1, 1966. The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, Cliff Richard, Small Faces, Yardbirds, Dusty Springfield, Hermans Hermits, The Shadows, The Seekers, Sounds Incorporated, The Fortunes, Spencer Davis Group, The Alan Price Set, The Overlanders, Crispian St. Peters, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich.
Now that would be a day well spent!

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.