Television Concert tonight (12/12) at 7:30

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Platinum member
Default Television Concert tonight (12/12) at 7:30

Be sure to catch the concery for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

Not a bad lineup. Bruce Springsteen is the opening act. We will also see Billy Joel, Clapton, The Who, The Stones, McCartney and many others. I hear the concert will last till midnight. Not sure if that is true but wow. A couple of guys who've had a hit or two along the way. Won't see a better collection of music icons in your lifetime. Especially on free television
Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

thanx for posting, tom. am gonna be sure to watch that myself. i hope those who do tune in will also stick around in between the acts when the 6 minutes it takes to change the band set-ups will focus on the devastation of the storm and the plight of those worst hit.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post

Not a bad lineup. Bruce Springsteen is the opening act. We will also see Billy Joel, Clapton, The Who, The Stones, McCartney and many others. I hear the concert will last till midnight. Not sure if that is true but wow. A couple of guys who've had a hit or two along the way. Won't see a better collection of music icons in your lifetime. Especially on free television
Thanks for the heads-up on this concert. I saw the promoter on TV this morning saying that every penny will go to the victims of Sandy.

Now, does anyone know which station it will be on using Direct TV?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

I believe Lifetime will be one of the stations broadcasting the concert. remember 7:30 and Bruce is opening the show
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
thanx for posting, tom. am gonna be sure to watch that myself. i hope those who do tune in will also stick around in between the acts when the 6 minutes it takes to change the band set-ups will focus on the devastation of the storm and the plight of those worst hit.
You being from Jersey and me Long Island we both know of the devastation Sandy caused.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Sage

Must watch TV. This is a cause that many people will donate to.

The victims of this storm will need all the help they can get.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Platinum member

What I don't understand is -being this broadcast is going out to two billion people around the world, why not charge a small amount. I would pay $30 for the concert. But if everyone who watched it paid say $5 or even $3, imagine the money they would collect. If 1/3 of the people tuned in, were talking about an easy billion big ones.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default 12 12 12 Concert.

"12-12-12" The Concert for Sandy Relief

http://www.121212concert.org/broadcast#section-3
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the reminder... I'm definitely going to DVR this!

I believe that this may be the second time that the Stones ,Who and Beatles ( McCartney) are playing on the same bill. The first might have been the Stones Rock and Roll Circus ( with John Lennon .) In any event, an historic concert tonight!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

The Boss opens the show, and McCartney closes the show.

Gonna be a really biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig shew .............
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Great information

Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Did you hear the promoter say this morning "We give to all the countries in need, now it's their turn to give to us".

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
What I don't understand is -being this broadcast is going out to two billion people around the world, why not charge a small amount. I would pay $30 for the concert. But if everyone who watched it paid say $5 or even $3, imagine the money they would collect. If 1/3 of the people tuned in, were talking about an easy billion big ones.
a few days ago it was advertised here as being available on pay per view...but i guess some of the television stations got into it and paid the big bucks for the opportunity to advertise - must be bringing in some big $$ for them - why else would they do it?

from what i can tell, central jersey comcast just has it going out over cable stations and none of the big/little three...
ion, msg, bloomberg, dest, bio, we, amc, vh1, fuse, encore, hallmark, g4, military

Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Eternal Member

What the hay? Do they have a dress code to get into the concert or did they just import Wall Street suits to the show.

I wonder what the face value of a ticket was.

VG
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to LynnDeb
Smile We are DVRing

Quote:
You being from Jersey and me Long Island we both know of the devastation Sandy caused.
Originally from Brooklyn spent 30 + years in Staten Island, NY here!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDeb View Post
Originally from Brooklyn spent 30 + years in Staten Island, NY here!!
there's another reason why i knew you were good people!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.