Vinyl Recall - What a fantastic band!

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Default Vinyl Recall - What a fantastic band!

Vinyl Recall played tonight at The Long Island Club meeting. What a fantastic band! They were great for both listening and dancing - lots of 50s and 60s music. We are hoping they will be invited to play at the squares. I would think that within a very short time they would draw crowds similar to Rocky and the Rollers - they truly were that good.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Gold member

Try the Saturday Night Dance Club at Captiva third Saturday each month! Vinyl Recall ROCKS!!!! We're gonna need a bigger rec center!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jejuca View Post
Vinyl Recall played tonight at The Long Island Club meeting. What a fantastic band! They were great for both listening and dancing - lots of 50s and 60s music. We are hoping they will be invited to play at the squares. I would think that within a very short time they would draw crowds similar to Rocky and the Rollers - they truly were that good.
You are very kind. Thank you so much. Our goal is that everyone has a good time.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Try the Saturday Night Dance Club at Captiva third Saturday each month! Vinyl Recall ROCKS!!!! We're gonna need a bigger rec center!
We're getting a bigger rec center. Starting in September the Saturday Night Dance Club will be held at the Eisenhower Rec CEnter.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Gold member

Awesome!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Sage

Hooray for Vinyl Recall for getting a larger rec center!!!!

They are awesome!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-09-2014, 10:50 PM

That's November, not September.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribil View Post
That's November, not September.
I stand corrected. It is indeed November when we will start at Eisenhower.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Default Vinyl Recall

Another Vote For A GREAT FUN BAND!!!!!!
Vinyl Recall is THE JOINT!!!!!!!!!
We would like to see them in the Squares and at City Fire !!!!
We buy a table at each Saturday Night Dance Club whenever we are in town
Glad they will be starting in a larger room very soon
THEY DESERVE IT !!!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 AM

We'll be arriving permanently in about 3 weeks and excited to participate in all the activities! Can someone please tell me about the Saturday Night Dance Club? Blue72, what did you mean by "we buy a table"?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyarts View Post
We'll be arriving permanently in about 3 weeks and excited to participate in all the activities! Can someone please tell me about the Saturday Night Dance Club? Blue72, what did you mean by "we buy a table"?
The Saturday Night Dance Club is held the third Saturday of each month at the Captive Rec Center. Starting in November is will be the Eisenhower Rec CEnter because it has sold out very month and in some months upwards of sixty people have been turned away.

It is dancing and listening to a fun group called Vinyl Recall. Each month there is a different theme. last month was Disney and this month will be "Under the Sea." Some people come dressed in theme clothing.

Tickets are $5.00 and include desert and coffee. Bring your own snacks, dinner and beverages.

Seating is eight per table and if you buy eight tickets you can reserve a table for you and your seven friends.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The Saturday Night Dance Club is held the third Saturday of each month at the Captive Rec Center. Starting in November is will be the Eisenhower Rec CEnter because it has sold out very month and in some months upwards of sixty people have been turned away.

It is dancing and listening to a fun group called Vinyl Recall. Each month there is a different theme. last month was Disney and this month will be "Under the Sea." Some people come dressed in theme clothing.

Tickets are $5.00 and include desert and coffee. Bring your own snacks, dinner and beverages.

Seating is eight per table and if you buy eight tickets you can reserve a table for you and your seven friends.
How do we get tickets?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How do we get tickets?
You need to get in touch with Chris Bill, (Marigold) or her husband, Roy Bill (rbil) or, you can get in touch with me and I'll have them contact you. Just PM me with your phone number.

The August event is sold out.

Tickets for the following month are sold at the event each month beginning around 8:00.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 AM

Tickets for the September 20th dance will be sold during the night of the August 16th dance with the remainder of tickets(if any) available for sale by calling Chris at 352-633-2314. This monthly dance has been a complete sellout for the last five months. The lovely Starfish room at Captiva Recreation Center can only accommodate 120 dancers which is the reason why we will be moving the Saturday Night Dance Club to the General Bradley Room at Eisenhower Recreation Center beginning with our November 15th dance.
If you wish to be on our email list, send an email to ribil@comcast.net with your name(s) and phone number(s).

Last edited by Marigold; 08-11-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Grammar check
Old 08-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Platinum member

I cannot tell you what an amazing time we had at the Long Island Club meeting last week. Vinyl Recall was the best !!!!! So much so that we will have them join us again at a future date. Not telling when but my fellow Long Islanders will be happy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.