WVLG Playlist

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage

If I remember correctly, about ten years ago in the New York area they swiched ffrom the do-wop era and old Rock n Roll to the music that is listened to by a younger generation. There was a big outcry to no avail.

I believe the radio staions position was they wanted to satisfy the core group of listeners that were younger.

I like to listen to all kinds of music and as Tom as suggested.

If they ever switch to rap, I will never listen to that as I don't consider that music and not my cup of tea.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I

If they ever switch to rap, I will never listen to that as I don't consider that music and not my cup of tea.
If they switch to rap..we won't have a choice but to listen to it. Remember the station's music is hooked up to speakers all over the town squares.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
If they switch to rap..we won't have a choice but to listen to it. Remember the station's music is hooked up to speakers all over the town squares.
I hope that day never comes but if it does, I will buy a lifetime supply of ear plugs.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
10 years from now, you will be the older residents of TV and the station will be playing Guns and Roses, Cheap Trick, Def Leppard and Aerosmith.
Bring it on!

Agree with TH - it's marketing 101. But being in the 'target' audience I enjoy the current mix.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Bring it on!

Agree with TH - it's marketing 101. But being in the 'target' audience I enjoy the current mix.

Thank your for being in agreement. It's so pleasant.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Default I don't love ilovetv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
This is exactly right. I am 55 and one day at the sport pool I heard the radio station playing, "It was an itzy bitzy yellow polka dot bikini, so in the blanket she wanted to stay....she was afraid to come out in the open, so a blanket she wore....now she's afraid to come out of the water, and the poor little girl's turnin' blue....one-two-three-four, tell us what she wore....it was an itsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini...." (the stupidest song I ever heard as a kid and it's even worse now) http://www.mp3ye.eu/522052_the-sixti...-download.html

and then it was

Bobbie Goldsboro moaning his way thru "Honey"..."and Honey, I miss you".... (Hated that sappy song in the 60's)

and then it was.... (Hated that sappy song in the 60's)

Bobbie Gentry singing "Ode to Billie Joe".... suicide off the Talahatchie bridge...

What a bunch of airheaded, crappy, depressing songs, and it got worse from there!

The whole station programming sounds like piped in nursing-home music and that is exactly why they need late 60's and 70's classic rock music aired.
ilovetv:
Since reading your post, that horrid "Honey" song has been on a contimuous play loop in my head.

To make it worse, the lyrics have dredged up the mental picture of watching him sing that dopey song on some tv show...smothers brothers? glen campbell show?. (I know, that one is on me but I was young then and didn't know any better. Plus cable hadn't been invented yet!)

That d**n melody is getting louder as I type this email

I don't care who knows the way to San Jose....can anybody out there please tell me where I can find the Tallahatchee Bridge!?!

Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Veteran member

I miss Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon and Palisades Park. If your from Jersey...you will understand.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran member

Hey, Ilovetv, I cannot agree with your comments more! Any station that plays John Fred and His Playboy Band ("Judy in Disquise With Glasses") more than the Beatles should be investigated! It is wrong, very very wrong.
Yes, I think that Honey is the worst song recorded. In Dave Berry's Book of Bad Songs, Honey gets (dis)honorable mention to the winner, "McArther Park". Honey was on the Smother Brothers as a spoof. I seem to remember them selling souviners from the Honey House.
I usually refer to WVLG as wuss radio. Then every once in a while they play something like "Long Cool Woman" by the Hollies. It does give me hope.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.