Your Favorite Concert Experience

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post

When we lived in London, Justin Haward lived not too far from us!! He was down the road near the river Thames!
I think he is better looking and cooler now than he was 40 years ago.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Sage

Frank Sinatra at MSG in New York.

I got Joe Fraziers autograph and was standing behing Joe Louis. My cousin lunged at Robert Redford.

Great night in a great venue.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I think he is better looking and cooler now than he was 40 years ago.
I agree and am not surprised. With beauty that deep, how could he not?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:00 PM

September 2, 1964 "The Beatles" at the Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA
has to rank way up there as one of my best concert experiences and there have been many.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

I said this somewhere else but
1) McCartney October 2005 Air Canada Center in Toronto. Nearly three hours of McCartney including Mull of Kintyre with a bagpipe band.
2) Elvis July 1976 Rochester Community War Memorial. That might have been "Fat Elvis", but he could still bring down the house.
3) John Sebastian May 1971 Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo. It was a very special night in a very special venue. John does the first half solo with an acoustic guitar. The sound was so pure he kept saying "Where did you get this f***kin' place?" Then he brings out Paul Harris, Ken Altman and Dallas Taylor and they work as a rock band. Never forget it. And yes, there was a whiff of canibus in the air.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

Aside from McCartney in 2002, concerts from Billy Joel and Meatloaf were one I'd never forget. I also remember, how short concerts used to be before Bruce set a new standard. Although I wasn't there (my wife went twice) I believe The Beatles at Shea was only 40 minutes long. I remember see The Young Rascals in 67 or 68 and the show was less than an hour. Same with Grand Funk Railroad and J. Giels. I also remember Morrison being either drunk, stoned or stupid at Madison Square Garden when he couldn't remember the words.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

1. Van Cliburn in Grant Park, Chicago after he won Tchaikovsky Piano
Competition. 1960?

2. Three day Playboy Jazz Festival Chicago. 1958?

3. Harry Belafonte in Palace Theater NYC. Sally Winters was in the audience
after shooting "Suddenly Last Summer" with Montgomery Clift, Liz Taylor

4. Michael Jackson in Singapore. 1996

5. Ray Charles at the Newport Jazz Festival 1993? Listening with my son
Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I remember see The Young Rascals in 67 or 68 and the show was less than an hour. .
Wow I forgot about them, I used to see them at "the barge" in Westhampton beach, before they made it, used to see them on the beach just hanging out easy to talk to etc.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage

In the early 80's I was in the Oakland Coliseum walking around an Auto Show and stopped near the back to listen to a small band playing. Other people were also walking by and not paying much attention to the band. I stayed for a few minutes and realized that the singer was Ricky Nelson.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Wow I forgot about them, I used to see them at "the barge" in Westhampton beach, before they made it, used to see them on the beach just hanging out easy to talk to etc.
Felix played at The Savannah Center last year. Although the seats were half empty those who were in attendance loved the show. I hope he returns
Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I also saw them at Malibu Beach Club in Long Beach, a short distance where all the dead bodies are showing up. I sure hope Felix, Eddie, Gene and Dino have nothing to do with it.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

Mine was this past year out at the Grand Oaks Resort in Wiersdale when I got to meet my cousin Wynonna Judd and her mamma Naomi!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

Kathie, I grew up 4 blocks from the Forest Hills Tennis Stadium and we couldn't get any tickets to that show, but everyone iun the neighborhood went up to the Stadium...it was pandemonium!

Saw Simon & Garfunkle there twice, as well as Blood Sweat and Tears, Sly and the Family Stone (OMG - that was great!) and many others. It was a great venue, but The Beatles??? Ahhh - only in my dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
The most memorable concert I ever attended, in the early 60's, Forest Hills Tennis Stadium,,, THE BEATLES... arriving by helicopter with thousands of screaming girls in the audience. I was already a working girl and feeling kinda stupid, took two of my younger cousins with me as an excuse, LOL. Could not hear a thing that they sang but it was by far the most exciting concert and something I have talked about since then.

We also went to Dave Clark Five concert in NY - fun but not as thrilling.

Other concerts were in my early teens, Brooklyn Paramount theater for Allan Freed's Rock N Roll Show. Wish I had saved all the promotional literature from the shows, they would be great to look at today. Saw all the original R&R groups.

Good memories.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

Saw them out at The Barge also...singing "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore". It was the first time I ever heard them, and I was a fan for life!

Quote:
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM

In my college yrs...Fleetwood Mac, The Village People,
Electric Light Orchestra in Capitol Hill, Billy Joel ( when he was just beginning to be famous in Loyola College, Baltimore), America and then, in 2002 the Buena VistabSocial Club in Atlanta! Amazing show!
Great memories....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.