Another BORING Jeopardy guest host

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2021, 11:41 PM

You must be a Bears fan🤣🤣🤣
Old 04-09-2021, 06:36 PM

Welcome on folks he is the best so far!!!!!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwahlstrom View Post
I absolutely agree. Of all the people out there, why in the world did they pick him?
Why would they pick him? Because he won "celebrity" jeopardy. He's a football player that was smart enough to win against then-astronaut Mark Kelly (currently a U.S. senator from Arizona) and “Shark Tank” panelist Kevin O’Leary. So let that sink in. Aaron Rodgers... a football player... won against an astronaut.
That would be why he has won the opportunity to host Jeopardy.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Why would they pick him? Because he won "celebrity" jeopardy. He's a football player that was smart enough to win against then-astronaut Mark Kelly (currently a U.S. senator from Arizona) and “Shark Tank” panelist Kevin O’Leary. So let that sink in. Aaron Rodgers... a football player... won against an astronaut.
That would be why he has won the opportunity to host Jeopardy.
Kevin O'leary would have been a very interesting host.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

I still don't understand why people watch jeopardy which is a great game and then stop watching because of the host who has very little to do with the talent of the contestants. Are we so enthralled with celebrity that the actual game is secondary?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-11-2021, 06:23 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I saw the show only once this past week

I did not know who this guy was.

I thought he was talking in a sort of Matthew McConaughey way.

I also thought he was quite handsome — OK, I’ll just say it — I thought he was sexy.

He might be too sexy for the show. . .I think there is a song about that. . .something like, I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for the show. . .

Could he be too distracting?
Old 04-11-2021, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I saw the show only once this past week

I did not know who this guy was.

I thought he was talking in a sort of Matthew McConaughey way.

I also thought he was quite handsome — OK, I’ll just say it — I thought he was sexy.

He might be too sexy for the show. . .I think there is a song about that. . .something like, I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for the show. . .

Could he be too distracting?
Lol, you might be right. But unless they can tape a year's worth of shows before "two-a-days" start this summer, he will belong to the Packers and be unavailable.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:47 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Lol, you might be right. But unless they can tape a year's worth of shows before "two-a-days" start this summer, he will belong to the Packers and be unavailable.
No worries about that, as we have seen players play 2 sports which is much harder to do. Game show could work the schedule with ease if it’s a great fit and good for ratings They already have that figured out or they wouldn’t waste their time. Game shows usually tape several shows in a day anyways
Old 04-11-2021, 07:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I still don't understand why people watch jeopardy which is a great game and then stop watching because of the host who has very little to do with the talent of the contestants. Are we so enthralled with celebrity that the actual game is secondary?
If the host is very annoying with a voice that sounds like nails on a chalk board like Katie Couric it becomes too distracting to watch. The host sets the tone for the game.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
No worries about that, as we have seen players play 2 sports which is much harder to do. Game show could work the schedule with ease if it’s a great fit and good for ratings They already have that figured out or they wouldn’t waste their time. Game shows usually tape several shows in a day anyways
You could be right. I know that Wheel of Fortune only tapes two days per month. Still, I wonder if the NFL would be up for AR missing anything at all. I assumed the players taped the commercials during the off season.

I like him. I think his humor will come out, he'd become more at ease, and he certainly is easy to look at.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
You could be right. I know that Wheel of Fortune only tapes two days per month. Still, I wonder if the NFL would be up for AR missing anything at all. I assumed the players taped the commercials during the off season.

I like him. I think his humor will come out, he'd become more at ease, and he certainly is easy to look at.
It took 2 days to film Aaron's 10 days worth of shows. Also, it only takes 46 days to film a years worth of Jeopardy. I think Aaron could handle 2 careers! You're doing great, Aaron!!
Old 04-11-2021, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
If the host is very annoying with a voice that sounds like nails on a chalk board like Katie Couric it becomes too distracting to watch. The host sets the tone for the game.
Really? Katie Couric has been on TV news forever, earned awards, has been on all the networks. Evidently her voice may only effect either a minority or those that don't like her politics. Trebek always said it's about the game and the contestants and not about the host. Was he wrong?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:

I think the NFL could use some positive PR.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Really? Katie Couric has been on TV news forever, earned awards, has been on all the networks. Evidently her voice may only effect either a minority or those that don't like her politics. Trebek always said it's about the game and the contestants and not about the host. Was he wrong?
Yes. Judging by the millions of posts on the Jeopardy FB page I’d say he was very wrong. I care nothing about Katie’s politics I did not like watching her.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Yes. Judging by the millions of posts on the Jeopardy FB page I’d say he was very wrong. I care nothing about Katie’s politics I did not like watching her.
She added nothing to the show, at least some of them are funny.
Closed Thread

Tags
jeopardy, guest, host, boring, sleep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.