Anybody else watching The Old Man on FX

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2022, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the hot tip! I was totally engrossed within the first 5 minutes. 😊
Old 06-30-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Looked at whether we can get it and just saw we only have two episodes available. Wonder why only two?
I watched 2 for free and paid for the third so I could catch up. I now have my recorder set to record each week on FX. I love the show!
Old 06-30-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I have gotten hooked on watching the series The Old Man on FX. If you have enjoyed the Jack Ryan or Jack Reacher series you would probably enjoy this series.

The Old Man - Rotten Tomatoes

The Old Man (TV series - Wikipedia)
Why would you want to know what I am watching - just saying!
Old 06-30-2022, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Have really enjoyed watching some shows which we only heard of from people on totv.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:28 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hey, thanks for starting this thread.

I was looking for something Mr. Boomer would like while I had planned to watch “Loot” on Apple.

I then saw this thread so we both started watching “The Old Man.”

I thought it was slow at first but then it picked up and we are both hooked.

Lithgow is one of my favorite actors. (I still watch a few episodes of “3rd Rock from the Sun” — every now and then — when I need a little perfect silliness. I once heard Lithgow interviewed and he said he watches it, too. ) Lithgow is an acting genius with one helluva range.

I sure hope “The Old Man” does not leave us hanging though — like the last episode of “Bosch Legacy” did. I get that “open to a sequel” routine, but it sure looks like Bosch’s Legacy (Maddie) is in serious trouble somewhere and we must wait………

Anyway, thanks for the “The Old Man” recommendation. I think there is a new one tonight.

Boomer
Old 06-30-2022, 09:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I've been enjoying the show, but what''s with all the F-bombs? Remember when that was an instant R rating? Why can't hollyweird just tell a story once in a while without screaming the F-bomb in my ear every ten minutes?

I watch it on Hulu. Do they leave all that bad language in the FX cable version? FX isn't a pay channel. The sex scene last week was pretty explicit, too. Do the rules not apply anymore?
Episode 2 had an implied sex seen don’t know what you were watching
Old 06-30-2022, 10:40 AM
Default The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I started to the other night. It didn't catch my attention in the first 30 or 45 minutes so I left it.
Like most series they were just setting up the characters in the first esposide. I’ve watched the first three episodes and it’s excellent.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
i agree with you. I especially don't understand why at this point in our lives " viewing rules" are important to anyone.
I'm no prude and I'm enjoying the series. But "viewing rules" matter because not everyone is at "this point in our lives".

I have grandchildren and my kids pull their hair out trying to keep the entertainment in their house age appropriate. Even Disney is becoming a problem. I don't understand why the general programming channels like FX can't clean up their acts and leave the R-rated material to the pay channels where it belongs. F-bombs and nudity don't add a damn thing to this story. Real seniors don't casually drop F-bombs in mixed company, and it doesn't add to the 'realism' to pretend that they do.

I think you can draw a straight line between the coarsening of the language that hollyweird has been stuffing down our throats for the last 30 years and the level of lawlessness our country has devolved to.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:17 PM
Default The Old Man

Love it, I want him to win a fight!
Old 07-01-2022, 03:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
I don't-just saying!
Old 07-01-2022, 03:31 AM

A friend told us about Old Man. Great series!!
Old 07-03-2022, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I don't understand, it offends you, but you watch it. Try to guess how they decide what to show - it might have something to do with watching it.

Of course the nanny state protecting you is so much easier than changing the channel.
WOW! I find your comments offensive. SERIOUSLY??!! Everything now has the F bomb and vulgarity. Guess we should give up TV and movies. Shmaaaa! Perhaps YOU should have to go to a special channel if you want to view all the nasty stuff and the rest of us can have decent programming!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
series, jack, watching, man, enjoy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.