Anybody watch "The Golden Bachelor" last night?

Old 10-05-2023, 03:33 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
You have surprised me yet again.
Hey, I became 'single again' at age 54 and had a great run until I pretty much burned out at age 60. I found the first show fun to watch, actually quite moving at times, so I am dating vicariously so to speak as at age 81 I do not want to go through wild and crazy dating again.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Hey, I became 'single again' at age 54 and had a great run until I pretty much burned out at age 60. I found the first show fun to watch, actually quite moving at times, so I am dating vicariously so to speak as at age 81 I do not want to go through wild and crazy dating again.

So. If you are dating vicariously, you might want to listen to a podcast called “Dating While Gray” by Laura Stassi. It has been around for a while. You can find it on the wunc.org website out of Chapel Hill public radio or wherever you find podcasts.

Boomer
Old 10-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Sage

Thank you, Boomer. I am aware of her podcasts and have listened to a few. She has interviewed and written about some interesting people.

I just listened to Laura's latest podcast in which she talks with Veronica who took a pass as a contestant or whatever they are called on the show. I was amazed at the excruciating and lengthy casting process. It was an eye opener. Too, the women contestants have to leave their cell phones, computers, books, pets and so on behind. It is two months without pay. They have to provide their own wardrobes, makeup and hairdos at their own expense. Bummer!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-06-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
There are two well to do widows on our block and think they are back in the market. Want some phone numbers?
Old 10-06-2023, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
There are two well to do widows on our block and think they are back in the market. Want some phone numbers?
Thank you Stu but I think I will pass for now.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you Stu but I think I will pass for now.
Did I mention they were good cooks? Apparently really fattened up their first hubbies.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Did I mention they were good cooks? Apparently really fattened up their first hubbies.
Now that is appealing! One of my long term girlfriends whom I still see now and then had been married to a Frenchman who became a pilot for Air France. She had lived in Paris and studied cooking at Le Cordon Bleu. Her cooking spoiled me. We even made foie gras from duck livers.

Old 10-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
At 85 I’m still doing the wild and crazy part just much more slower lol FYI for Stu ,those ladies wouldn’t have to cook for me ,I only like eating in restaurants

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 10-06-2023 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Now that is appealing! One of my long term girlfriends whom I still see now and then had been married to a Frenchman who became a pilot for Air France. She had lived in Paris and studied cooking at Le Cordon Bleu. Her cooking spoiled me. We even made foie gras from duck livers.
Apparently they helped their husbands along with her cooking and that is where their money seems to come from.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:04 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

A little advice to those single posters here from this long and happily married woman………

If you ever decide to get married at this point in life, I have one word for you — PRE-NUP!

Boomer
Old 10-07-2023, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
At 85 I’m still doing the wild and crazy part just much more slower lol FYI for Stu ,those ladies wouldn’t have to cook for me ,I only like eating in restaurants
Have a casserole.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 10-07-2023, 01:01 PM
Default Not real.

Fake reality manipulated by the producers for the best chance of a larger viewing audience.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:04 PM
Default Golden Dreams

I hope Gerry can find his 2nd true love....but I have doubts bliss will last forever.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGERBB View Post
I hope Gerry can find his 2nd true love....but I have doubts bliss will last forever.
Yes. I watched last night. Theresa seems to be the practical pick but he appeared to have more physical passion for Leslie (possibly/probably scripted to keep the audience on edge and engaged?). From what I have read as I have never watched one is that the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows have twists, turns and cliff hangers, like old time serials shown in matinees Saturdays at the movies.

Old 11-17-2023, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
A little advice to those single posters here from this long and happily married woman………

If you ever decide to get married at this point in life, I have one word for you — PRE-NUP!

Boomer
Just a question, if you need a prenup why would you marry in the first place? Friendship can go a long way….

A very well off acquaintance turned down a 4 million dollar engagement ring because it wasn’t valuable enough. I am not sure what she actually wants. But if he leaves the common law relationship it starts at 65 million for him. (He can afford it.) I just can’t figure out why anybody would get involved with such a gold digger in the first place? And the guy involved is the son one one of my best friends. This is his third try towards marriage. Personally, I think marriage starts when each if you will give your life for the other person… but maybe that’s just me.

Last edited by Velvet; 11-17-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Tags
finest, recording, show, enjoyed, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.