Beatles 50th Anniversary Show on CBS

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Sage
Default Beatles 50th Anniversary Show on CBS

I watched this show and I must say the performances were excellent. McCartney hasn't lost much off his fastball.

The Beatles changed America and the music industry forever. It felt like the show was ten minutes long, and it was two and half hours. Gotta get those commercials in.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts about this show, and what you liked best!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I watched this show and I must say the performances were excellent. McCartney hasn't lost much off his fastball.

The Beatles changed America and the music industry forever. It felt like the show was ten minutes long, and it was two and half hours. Gotta get those commercials in.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts about this show, and what you liked best!!
It was a really good show. Shame John and George were not there. It would have been nice to have Julian do a song of his fathers, but unfortunately the only son attending was Sean,. I saw Paul a few years back. front row. My wife attended two of the famous Shea Stadium concerts. Her father was in the movie business and got her tickets. I like Stevie Wonder but wasnt thrilled with his rendition. Worth watching. Her Joe? We seem to have more in common than baseball. I will be getting in touch with you within a week or two.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
It was a really good show. Shame John and George were not there. It would have been nice to have Julian do a song of his fathers, but unfortunately the only son attending was Sean,. I saw Paul a few years back. front row. My wife attended two of the famous Shea Stadium concerts. Her father was in the movie business and got her tickets. I like Stevie Wonder but wasnt thrilled with his rendition. Worth watching. Her Joe? We seem to have more in common than baseball. I will be getting in touch with you within a week or two.
about the stevie wonder rendition but I thought the best was done by John Mayer and Keith Urban with their dueling guitars. Can't remember what song they did but it was exceptional. IMHO

Tommy:

I wll look foward, to hearing friom you.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Goosebumps thru the entire show! Made me feel 10 again.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Platinum member

Brought back sweet memories. I really got into "Hey Jude".
Old 02-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

Absolutely fabulous show!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:07 AM

It was great seeing Paul & Ringo perform together again.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

I loved the show, so nostalgic. George was always my favorite, but Paul sounded great. I usually like Annie Lenox but I didn't care for her on the song she did. Never liked Stevie Wonder. Every couple of years I pull out the movie A Hard Day's Night and get all nostalgic.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:39 AM

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with Joe Walsh was excellent. The crowd was on their feet.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with Joe Walsh was great! The crowd was on their feet.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Awesome show! Brought back so many wonderful memories. I was blessed to have seen them twice in Chicago! LOL good seats were $12 and $15 my how times have changed! Oh yea Paul was always my favorite
Old 02-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Can't imagine how they could have none it any better. It was absolutely fabulous (except for maybe Annie Hill's matronly looking dress !).
Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Great show,brought back a lot of memories. I was in Singapore on HMS Bulwark when I first heard the Beatles and thought they wouldn't last. Shows you how much I know about the music business. Stevie Wonder should have stayed home.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:50 PM

We loved it all EXCEPT Kati Perry's rendition of Yesterday. I made my ears hurt!!! But everyone else did a wonderful job honoring the Beatles.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm looking forward to seeing someone's DVR recording. I was busy last night with a little celebration of my own. I've nothing but great things about it.

If you need another Beatles fix, you can get one every Friday morning at 10:00 at the O'Dell Rec Center.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.