Brandy Got Kicked Off!

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Brandy Got Kicked Off!

I thought she was a contender to win Dancing with the Stars! They asked her to come back and perform her freestyle even though she is no longer in the competition.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Platinum member

Yes. Brandy was the one I thought would win the contest. Once again-politics and under the table dealings is screwing everything up. I am convinced...DWTS is fixed.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

The fix is in!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM

I agree Brandy should have been in the finals but I think it depended on fan base or shall we say those who voted. Wherever they came from, they voted for Bristol despite her lack of dancing ability. She does not have the charisma but obviously she had enough of the American public to vote for her no matter the reason why. This should be a competition based on dancing ability but perhaps in this case IMHO it has been based on politics or whose blog (or whatever communication) has resulted in people voting for what I think is not the correct reason.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:56 AM

Proof in point...people voting don't have any idea what they are voting for !
Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have to disagree with most of these comments. I do agree Brandy was a better dancer, but they do have a very precise process they go though to decide who goes forward. They take the total votes cast by the judges, in the case of the final four, that was 60+58+57+53 or a total of 228 votes. Jennifer had 26.3%, Kyle had 25.4%, Brandy had 25% and Bristol had 23.3% of the total number of judges votes.

Then they do the exact same analysis of the fan votes. Total submitted, % of the total attained by each, and then add the two together and rank 1 through 4. Bristol only had to make up 1.7% from the fans to beat Brandy. She didn't make up enough to beat Kyle.

Three other points.
1. Many other "better" dancers have been voted off in prior weeks and years based on fan support.
2. I think the comments made by Max last week hurt Brandy more with the fans then the quality of her dancing. He made no friends with his remarks and my guess is people voted against him.
3. I believe more people relate to Bristol then the others. She has no prior dancing, singing or other acting experience. She is just someone who came into the spotlight by accident and made the most of it.

So IMHO politics has nothing to do with it. Being "fixed" has nothing to do with it. If they didn't do the fan support correctly, people will stop watching. It's about who is there that is doing what I would do? Who is the underdog? Who needs my vote?

And my vote still goes to Jennifer Gray.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM

I am still for Jennifer as well. I continue to believe that there may have been some concentrated effort to secure votes for Bristol. This is not a unique phenomena on this show or other "vote" shows. It is a "popular" vote and the people who did do the voting prevailed.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I think the comments made by Max last week hurt Brandy more with the fans then the quality of her dancing. He made no friends with his remarks and my guess is people voted against him.

And my vote still goes to Jennifer Gray.
Be interesting to see if he is still among the Pro's next season (if there is a next season).
Suffering from TV envy
Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Compared to last season this season is terrible. I only watch on Tuesday now for the great entertainment the show gets. BTW, I now hope that Bristol wins and Bruno goes on another tirade.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Gold member

She's getting the votes. Good for her.

Yoda
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
She's getting the votes. Good for her.

Yoda
Old 11-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default How about the football pros and the olympic athletes

that won who were not dancers? The competition is not just for dancers as proven by the array of participants who start out each year.
As Maks said it was the vote of the people that did it.
Politics? It is fan base pure and simple. Bristol was certainly most improved.
She was the underdog and as said earlier popular by virtue of being one that many could relate to. Politics? Fixed? I suppose that could be a possibility although highly improbable.
How does the black comedian stay alive? Politics? Doubtful.
I believe it will come down to Palin and Grayson. And I would be pleased with either one winning.
I wonder how many that don't like the result voted?

btk
Old 11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

The power of the American voter. It's what makes this country great. I'll take the will of the people over the opinions of so-called experts any day of the week. God Bless America.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Platinum member
Default What did Max say last week?

I have searched, but cannot find the clip where Max said something that may have hurt Brandy and his success on the show. KayakerNC, can you help? Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Can't Remember but...

I agree Brandy should be there longer than Bristol but due to votes it did not happen but...seems to me the judges have more weight at the end...so I don't think Bristol will win...nor should she. I am glad to see the confidence that is growing in her though. I just wonder if this will devastate Brandy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.