Commercial Over Load

Old 04-30-2024, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phojo View Post
Agree completely. A two hour movie takes three hours because of all the commercials. Greedy networks
That is how they stay in business but since the invention of dvr with fast foorward two hour movie now takes about 2 hours 5 minutes
Old 04-30-2024, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I know businesses have to profit with sponsors supporting their product, BUT......

Ever notice lately everything video we watch on Fire Stick, Ruko, any streaming service,
and paid cable tv, there's more and more commercials sneaking into our lives every year?

Even half hour of news weather and sports, it comes down 15 minutes of commercials.

I heard once if you took the station breaks out of a 3 1/2 hour NFL game, we could watch the
whole game from snaps to finish in less then one hour.

Your Thoughts
Yes, I do think there are more and more commercials
Old 04-30-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I know businesses have to profit with sponsors supporting their product, BUT......

Ever notice lately everything video we watch on Fire Stick, Ruko, any streaming service,
and paid cable tv, there's more and more commercials sneaking into our lives every year?

Even half hour of news weather and sports, it comes down 15 minutes of commercials.

I heard once if you took the station breaks out of a 3 1/2 hour NFL game, we could watch the
whole game from snaps to finish in less then one hour.

Your Thoughts
The major streaming services were suffering financially and took action to boost profitability. Growing revenue from advertising was one action that they took overall, generally in 2023. If all streaming services show ads, we have few alternatives. The good ol' days of ad-free viewing on a basic subscription are over.

Access Denied
Old 04-30-2024, 08:29 PM

I use adblocker and have no ad problems. My computer (win 11) startup doesn't have ads and if it did I'd fix it to the default.

On my new stick streaming service offered by spectrum, game replays have no commercials in the Vod section. The movies and TV show sections also have no commercials.

Whenever I watch a live game on my favorite MLB channel it will time out on breaks with no commercials, then later resumes.

Only when I watch NFL network or other commercial TV channels do I get those commercials. What bugs me most is the repeats of the same ones. Sick of hearing that "everything I do" song and don't want it stuck in my head. So I end up changing channels and just watch Youtube videos on my computer, which are ad blocked.

You can get around commercials fairly easy or just skip channels that keep repeating them. I think people who pay to not have commercials are falling for the pay us to not see them trick. I'd never do that. They aren't getting more of my money and I'm not watching their commercials.

Tags
hour, game, commercials, watch, finish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.