Cutting The Cable

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Default Cutting The Cable

We have just begun to explore the pros & cons of getting rid of The dreaded Comcast. They just sneak in all these extra fees each month. It’s ridiculous. We are looking into Youtubetv, & Hulu so far and have question. If you have cut the cable who do you use for internet & how much is that? We have five tv’s in the house...so if we are showing something on Hulu in the living room, can the person in bedroom watch something else?
I think I may have more questions but that is just a start. Thanks in advance for all info.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
We are looking into Youtubetv, & Hulu so far and have question.
I think you can get a trial for both----try them out now. Running two different stations should not be a problem.

What stations do you need? golf? hbo? local news?

If you have cut the cable who do you use for internet & how much is that?
$42 Century Link I'm happy. It is never down.

We have five tv’s in the house...so if we are showing something on Hulu in the living room, can the person in bedroom watch something else? Get them on a trial now. I'm very sure the answer is yes. Look at Direct TV digital too.

I think I may have more questions but that is just a start. Thanks in advance for all info.
you're welcome. I'm curious what others say too.
read above
Old 04-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Try Cord Cutters News - All the news cord cutters need about cord cutting! Covering, Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Netflix, Hulu, & More! for the latest help.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Sage

great site--

Potential cord cutters look at this--
Sling TV Is Offering Half Off the Roku Ultra Or a FREE Roku Express - Cord Cutters News

Sling TV Is Offering Half Off the Roku Ultra Or a FREE Roku Express
by Luke Bouma on April 6, 2018 in All News, News, Roku News, Sling TV
Old 04-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Platinum member

I just got a huge bump in bill from Comcast. I've been trying out Youtube TV and I'm pretty impressed. I was prepared to do it but called Comcast, asked for retention, and because I had a flyer my neighbor received, I was able to get them to give me one of the new customer deals. The prices for just internet would be $65- 70. Youtube tv is only $38. While just internet and Youtube TV would have been cheaper, I was still reluctant to have everything dependent on internet access. So I took the new customer deal locked in for 2 years. I expect by the end of two years, the options for cord cutting will even be better.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Sage

$65-70 for just internet? Way too much, I pay $35 with Century Link for 40 megabits per second download and 20 megabits per second upload. This is more than enough bandwidth for streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I just got a huge bump in bill from Comcast. I've been trying out Youtube TV and I'm pretty impressed. I was prepared to do it but called Comcast, asked for retention, and because I had a flyer my neighbor received, I was able to get them to give me one of the new customer deals. The prices for just internet would be $65- 70. Youtube tv is only $38. While just internet and Youtube TV would have been cheaper, I was still reluctant to have everything dependent on internet access. So I took the new customer deal locked in for 2 years. I expect by the end of two years, the options for cord cutting will even be better.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Platinum member

unfortunately, that speed for century link isn't available for everyone
Old 04-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Sage

You can stream Hi-Def with 10 megabits per second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
unfortunately, that speed for century link isn't available for everyone
Closed Thread

Tags
hulu, cable, tv’s, showing, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.