Dave Letterman

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

IMHO Letterman was the best of all. Carson and Leno are overrated. BTW, what recent event had Letterman, Kimmel and Fallon together on the same stage?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

I never really liked Letterman, but really had no use for him after the affair with the intern broke. He was always the first one to make jokes and ridicule others for their mistakes, but hardly had any comments for his own indiscretions. And what really bothered me was that the other late night hosts also wouldn't make but a passing joke about Letterman's affair. It seemed to me, they all tried to forget it happened and sweep it under the rug, while crucifying others for the same thing.
Also, Letterman was more College humor? I remember watching when his "College" humor consisted of cutting each others ties in half on every show for awhile.
Finally, I couldn't stand Paul either, cringed every time he came on the screen. Loved Leno's "Headlines" and "Jaywalking" skits.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Veteran member

I feel sorry for all of nay-sayers. You obviously don't get it. Oh well your loss.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I never really liked Letterman, but really had no use for him after the affair with the intern broke. He was always the first one to make jokes and ridicule others for their mistakes, but hardly had any comments for his own indiscretions. And what really bothered me was that the other late night hosts also wouldn't make but a passing joke about Letterman's affair. It seemed to me, they all tried to forget it happened and sweep it under the rug, while crucifying others for the same thing.
Also, Letterman was more College humor? I remember watching when his "College" humor consisted of cutting each others ties in half on every show for awhile.
Finally, I couldn't stand Paul either, cringed every time he came on the screen. Loved Leno's "Headlines" and "Jaywalking" skits.
Did the last show have his wife or child on it? I have seen a few pictures of his child but never his wife.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
I feel sorry for all of nay-sayers. You obviously don't get it. Oh well your loss.
I like Letterman okay. But to belittle those that don't like him? Sheesh.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I like Letterman okay. But to belittle those that don't like him? Sheesh.
Polar - are you back or still in Alaska?
Old 05-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Did the last show have his wife or child on it? I have seen a few pictures of his child but never his wife.
Yes Gracie, his wife and son were in the audience, and he introduced them. Pretty wife and cute little guy.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Polar - are you back or still in Alaska?
5 more days in Alaska. Just a quick non-roaming internet check while we're in Juneau.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
5 more days in Alaska. Just a quick non-roaming internet check while we're in Juneau.
Bring back some snow. It has been quite hot here.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I couldn't agree more. Paul Shafer is hard to take. I didn't watch Letterman when Leno was on, because I liked Leno...... But after Leno left, I started watching Letterman....Fallen occasionally, if he has someone on that I want to see. Fallen is immature (guessi I'm showing my age). Can't stand Conan!!!

Last nights Letterman show was ridiculous and boring. Looking forward to tonight's show though.
Agree with ya in all these points!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:59 AM
Veteran member

Recorded the final show, confirmed why I never watched it. He isn't funny most of the time
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.