Direct TV vs Cable

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Veteran member
Default Direct TV vs Cable

Moving to a home in new village of "Charlotte" in August. Have been a Direct TV customer for several years. How is the cable service with Clear Link? Cost vs Satellite and the service itself. How many times does the cable go out per month? Have not had good luck with Comcast in the past.

Thanks.....
Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Default Direct TV vs Comcast

Heard a lot about problems w/ comcast.
Have direct tv here in northern wis. & @ the villages; works great.
It U get direct tv in the villages get the dish mounted on a pole w/concrete; my buddy in buttonwood has a roof mount & when it gets windy the pic is BAD. Talk to the installer, they will do it as a side job for $30-$40 CASH.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM

My issue with a dish is that the rain causes it to pixelate (is that a word?), and if not really solidly mounted, the wind causes issues like Paperboy said. The rain will cause a bad picture!
Don
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

Gee, what a problem!

I have read numerous threads about television and Internet providers in The Villages. We are planning on moving down in September and still can't make this simple decision. We are moving to the far north of TV, so Brighthouse is out of the question. Comcast is universally disliked. (Yes I know there are a few of you out there who like their service unless you have a problem.) So that leaves DirecTV and Dish.

I hope I am not taking over the original poster's thread. I just re-read it and don't think so. If I am, please ignore me and respond to his. But anyway, DirecTV or Dish, which is it? Or should I buy an antenna and watch Howdy Doody?

Thanks everyone!

Joaniesmom

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Default DirecTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
My issue with a dish is that the rain causes it to pixelate (is that a word?), and if not really solidly mounted, the wind causes issues like Paperboy said. The rain will cause a bad picture!
Don
We have had DirecTV for several years in VA and chose to have it here in TV. Ours is roof mounted and there is no issue with pic due to wind. When we have storms like Debby yes lost reception but generally if you change your stations to SD instead of HD during the storm chances are you will not lose the reception. It works for us. BTW, we had heavy rain yesterday afternoon and no loss of pic in HDef. According to my hubby, if you like sports then DirecTV is the winner over Dish with way more choices. Good luck with your choice and welcome to TV.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

We had Comcast for the last 3 1/2 years, many many issues which we could have put up with except for the non-existent customer service. So far Directv is great!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.