DirecTV and Comcast internet in same room?

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

Very interesting thread. We are moving to Brier Meadow (way up north in TV) in September. Ckecked several times and Bright House does not cover there. Sorry about that!

Noticed that several of you have two carriers. One for TV and another for internet. Why is that? Direct TV says they offer internet in one of their packages. Seems like it would be convenient to have everything with a single carrier.

You folks who have Direct TV. Do you like it? Our house Faces south. Would the equipment show when installed in the front of the house? We have always had cable service and wonder if there are any inherent problems with satellite TV.

Your advice and counsel would be much appreciated.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Gold member

We've had directtv for well over 10 years and primarily have it because of the NFL package which is only available on directtv. Since I am a St. Louis Rams fan thats really the only way I can watch my Rams. I have been happy with directtv. We have 3 directtv dvr's, 2 being high def. Yes, sometimes in very rainy weather or with lightning you may lose the signal but we have so much saved on the dvrs that we just go to a saved program. I have comcast for my internet and have had it ever since we moved here 7 years ago. I have no problems with comcast but I believe others have. My computers are in another room other than the tv rooms. My dish in the backyard faces southwest.

As to cost I think I'm paying a lot for all these services. Oh well, I don't really want to leave anything for my sons when I go. Might as well enjoy life to the fullest now.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.