Harry & Meghan

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2022, 10:11 AM
Default Harry & Meghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfey View Post
She's a gold/fame digger. Wrecked her own family, now trying to wreck the royals.
I know how difficult estrangements can be in a family...hers is just as interested in their moment of fame. They are playing it in the media. I would do just what she has done.
We really barely know this woman but I would like to think Harry does and chose her for his life partner. They have to make a living and he has no training as he lived off his father's money. A very difficult transition for someone who was raised in his family. We need to be a little kinder.
Old 12-17-2022, 10:21 AM

People always love to watch other peoples misery. Like watching a train wreck live you hate to see it but you just can’t turn away. I have no interest or no curiosity in any of them. I think they’re both very sad.
Old 12-17-2022, 10:29 AM

They are all a joke
Old 12-17-2022, 10:29 AM
Gold member

And you thought we got rid of the incestuous, tyrannical, greedy British royal family with the Declaration of Independence in 1776. Think again - it's all right here in the USA in the person of
"our" royal family, Harry and Meghan.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

...and there will be a test
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Royals.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	96154  
Old 12-17-2022, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,113 Posts

I could care less about the so called Royal Family .My family goes back hundreds of years and are Irish catholic from Belfast and for hundreds of years like many other families have experienced being starved to death by English land lords , others forced to leave the country ,imprisoned without trials , denied good paying jobs , walled into ghettos and treated like second class citizens in there own country ,we don’t need the royal family and we don’t want them , they should just get out and leave us to be a free Ireland .

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 12-17-2022 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisamay View Post
I am replying in general to this thread. I never reply to this sort of thing...no Twitter or otherwise, and I never watch the Kardashians or other Reality TV, BUT, I have friends in England and rather love that country so I did watch this docuseries. I guess I see both sides of this but want to say, Harry married someone he really loves and watched the press turn against her in a most brutal manner. And the Tabloid press in the UK is particularly good at trashing people. I, for one, imagine this was rather painful for both of them. The Royal family is very good at the stiff upper lip response, but not everyone is able to manage this sort of vitriol. They are doing what they feel is right in telling their story and I just try to walk in their shoes. I would not have made it. Families can create hateful feelings and the stress of this is so awful. We should at least try to understand rather than add to the trash against them. The Royals live in extreme opulence as I have witnessed by visiting Buckingham Palace and with the country struggling so much, perhaps they might think of toning it down....no harm in that.
To me the problem comes mainly from them seeking publicity, if they stayed private they would get a lot less bashing. Also it is a mistake to think that telling “their” side is going to influence anyone. I think when it comes to politics people already have their opinions.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:55 AM
Default Harry & Meghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
To me the problem comes mainly from them seeking publicity, if they stayed private they would get a lot less bashing. Also it is a mistake to think that telling “their” side is going to influence anyone. I think when it comes to politics people already have their opinions.
That may be true, but they are both public figures. Harry was raised as a public figure and they wish to continue their philanthropy. He was never trained for much else except the military and he cannot do this now to support his family. It was very brave of him to leave this system and to face the media scrutiny in defending his family, especially his wife. I wish I could see more compassion but then I like to think we are better versions of ourselves. The Royals made a Faustian Bargain with the press long ago, but not everyone can do this. I know how they feel about the family ignoring their plight. I have been there and it is painful, although I am not a public figure.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:08 PM

I guess I have a different take on this. The media has hounded the Royal family to the point of death in the past. Harry's mother Diana, for example. Harry & Meghan knew their story would be told by the press no matter what they did.... whether they stayed silent (as many think they should) or whether they spoke out. Harry did not choose to be a Royal, but he grew up under the eyes of the media for every little thing he did and saw what happened to his mother as a young boy. That would be a difficult life to live in my book. Very little privacy. Harry & Meghan chose to tell their story themselves to have some control over the information that would have been told by strangers if they didn't. I can't fault them for that. If you don't want to watch them or read their stories, then simply don't do it. It costs you nothing to choose to watch something else. I think it was a pretty gutsy thing for them to do knowing the criticism they were going to get regardless.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:11 PM

Disagree with that.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:32 PM
Default Harry & Meghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparsoneau@aol.com View Post
People always love to watch other peoples misery. Like watching a train wreck live you hate to see it but you just can’t turn away. I have no interest or no curiosity in any of them. I think they’re both very sad.
Many of us have similar issues though on a more modest scale and can relate to painful situations when a family does not circle the wagons in times of pain and crisis. I am really quite surprised that people are not more compassionate and understanding of what this couple went through...both in a very public way. Harry had no choice of the family he was born into but he did make a choice as to whether he wanted to put up with this family....anyone can see that this family is very cold and interested in self preservation at any cost. That is the sad part of this story.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:54 PM
Default Harry & Meghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
I guess I have a different take on this. The media has hounded the Royal family to the point of death in the past. Harry's mother Diana, for example. Harry & Meghan knew their story would be told by the press no matter what they did.... whether they stayed silent (as many think they should) or whether they spoke out. Harry did not choose to be a Royal, but he grew up under the eyes of the media for every little thing he did and saw what happened to his mother as a young boy. That would be a difficult life to live in my book. Very little privacy. Harry & Meghan chose to tell their story themselves to have some control over the information that would have been told by strangers if they didn't. I can't fault them for that. If you don't want to watch them or read their stories, then simply don't do it. It costs you nothing to choose to watch something else. I think it was a pretty gutsy thing for them to do knowing the criticism they were going to get regardless.
Thanks for a well reasoned comment.
There is a very nice commentary about this on CNN..."Yes, Harry and Meghan aired grievances. But there’s another takeaway from their docuseries." by Sophie A Nelson, It is well worth the read.

And there is another point---if you cannot say something nice about someone, say nothing...but in this case, I think H and M had very compelling reasons to speak their truth..it is a form of survival for them. Very brave...
Old 12-17-2022, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisamay View Post
Thanks for a well reasoned comment.
There is a very nice commentary about this on CNN..."Yes, Harry and Meghan aired grievances. But there’s another takeaway from their docuseries." by Sophie A Nelson, It is well worth the read.

And there is another point---if you cannot say something nice about someone, say nothing...but in this case, I think H and M had very compelling reasons to speak their truth..it is a form of survival for them. Very brave...
Does show true grit to stand up to very influential people like that.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:04 PM

I, for one, certainly don't believe that the $100 million they got from Netflix has in any way persuaded them to go public.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
To me, they are like the Kardashians. I can't believe people really find them interesting in any way.
I can explain the WHY to a certain extent, but I believe the concept (like you implied) is a non-productive one. People go Ga-Ga, literally, for leaders and celebrities because of the millennia-old and DNA-embedded principles explained by TRIBALISM. Take the way-back machine to when humans were hunter-gatherers. Human tribes would have the (probably male) that had the highest combination of strength, skill, and intelligence be the LEADER of the hunting party. He would be the HEAD of a hunting group sneaking through the woods and savannas, probably single file, and make the group's DECISIONS about which direction to go in, how to avoid enemies and bigger animals, and when and where to try to make a kill.

Treating leaders like gods, famous people, celebrity worship, sports hero worship, and even something as simple as asking for an autograph - ALL tie back to TRIBALISM.
Closed Thread

Tags
harry, meghan, wait, installment, slept

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.