History channel - "How Disney Built America"

Old 05-09-2024, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
399 a YEAR includes free parking at any park and 20% off all merch and some food items at all the parks and Disney Springs. How can anyone say that’s expensive?
Now $439 a YEAR still a good deal - no weekends, holidays and some blackout dates. Free parking ($30 savings). 10-20%off merchandise and select restaurants. Florida residents only.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcntech View Post
Saw it change over the years. Removal of Indian Village and install of Haunted Mansion. Then Pirates of Caribbean then Splash Mountain. Updates to Tomorrow Land. Walt was visionary. There used to be a BofA branch on Main Street as they lent him the money to build when no one else would.
Same here. Grew up with Disneyland beginning in 1956 at age 3. Went regularly my whole life until moving here 18 months ago. Though we do go to WDW and have the Florida resident Pixie Dust pass, it’ll never be as good as Disneyland for me. My dad was an ad man for Carnation Milk back in the 50s when Walt was planning Disneyland. They met him at a work party where he sat and talked to them all about this park he was planning to build in Anaheim. They said he was a great guy, very friendly and genuine. Carnation ended up being one of his sponsors, and we have a family photo taken with the old fashioned Carnation Milk truck on Main Street in the 60s. So many great memories. Since our 3 adult kids and 2 y/o grandson live in Calif we will go back a couple times annually and go to Disneyland while there. We went last October for our grandson’s 2nd birthday. Miss the annual pass we had there though. It’s much pricier for us now having to buy tickets.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacca56 View Post
Now $439 a YEAR still a good deal - no weekends, holidays and some blackout dates. Free parking ($30 savings). 10-20%off merchandise and select restaurants. Florida residents only.
We paid $399 in Feb 2023, then $369 in Feb 2024. Not sure how that number was calculated, but not complaining, lol. I add the extra $99 for the photo pass to my pass so we can have photos taken whenever we want. We only go once a month or so because we need to rent mobility scooters due to me have a bone on bone arthritic knee that should’ve been replaced 10 yrs ago but hasn’t been because I’m too chicken to do it. Those scooters are $65 each per day so that makes our trips pricier than they’d otherwise be. We usually pay extra too for priority parking to be closer to the gate. I suspect though if I ever get that knee replacement hubby won’t give up the scooter. HaHa!

Tags
history, disney, channel, p.m, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.