Doomsday prepers

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Sage
Default Doomsday prepers

I watched a full episode and am shaking my head. Even if doomsday comes, would you want to live on dedicating your days to murdering your friends and neighbors when the come begging for food. I understand survival of the fittest, but I would suggest that is ment for animals not god fearing human beings. That mentality is the same as the caveman of yesteryear. I for one would rather die than turn into that.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum member

I agree!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I watched a full episode and am shaking my head. Even if doomsday comes, would you want to live on dedicating your days to murdering your friends and neighbors when the come begging for food. I understand survival of the fittest, but I would suggest that is ment for animals not god fearing human beings. That mentality is the same as the caveman of yesteryear. I for one would rather die than turn into that.
I agree.

Some of them are so far out, such as the ones building or renovating underground bunkers.......they seem to be insane. Last place I'd want to be trapped is underground.

We've watched that show for years now. One is crazier than the next.

However, since 1999, most Vermonters have stockpiled in their pantries
and walk in closets, etc. etc. extra food, water, and such.

Buying paper products in volume.

Stocking several freezers with food.

It's very common up here.

It's just become a habit. It does come in handy for winter power outages and such. Or to know that you are well stocked in the middle of winter when roads are icy.

In Florida I would be sure to have cases of bottled Poland Springs water....if they sell it down there.

I still remember the people waiting in long long lines in the hot Florida sunshine following Hurricane Andrew in the Miami area.........waiting for WATER.......I can't imagine doing that.

The people who bought one of our Vermont homes was traumatized by that hurricane........after their roof was torn off their house.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I agree.

Are there two p's in preppers? There is no pee in Lake Sumter.

Let's not start fighting about something that is on a reality TV show. I don't know anyone doing this. It is wise to lay in stuff for hurricanes and maybe hope you don't get a sink hole and put lightning rods up and have a colonoscopy and be thrifty. Maybe the time is coming for a lot of us to forget about being thrifty, come to think about it.

Good Morning Golfing nut! Good morning everyone!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage

Calm down Gracie, no one is going to fight about this one. Good morning.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

( *Maybe the time is coming for a lot of us to forget about being thrifty, come to think about it.*) Now there is my kind of logic !!!! Shopping is great therapy- works for me !!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
It is totally beyond my comprehension that people choose to live their lives in fear and to convince their loved ones to follow. I cannot believe they are quite normal - but then what is normal!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM

I am all ready. Twenty cases of beer, extra seeds to grow grass,love to watch grass grow, two bottles of water you never know, three hundred bottles of wine, assorted harder drinks one hundred bottles. three hundred pounds of assorted cheeses.Two glasses, four pills to take, two each for wife and me when the alcohol runs out. two lawn chairs to watch last sunset. wait I think that is nineteen cases of beer, one case used this morning in a practice run. You have to practice LOL.....
Old 08-27-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I am all ready. Twenty cases of beer, extra seeds to grow grass,love to watch grass grow, two bottles of water you never know, three hundred bottles of wine, assorted harder drinks one hundred bottles. three hundred pounds of assorted cheeses.Two glasses, four pills to take, two each for wife and me when the alcohol runs out. two lawn chairs to watch last sunset. wait I think that is nineteen cases of beer, one case used this morning in a practice run. You have to practice LOL.....
I'm prepared too, although I feel that I am in between being a Prepper and a Hoarder! LOL Put it this way, what ever happens- be it war or weather- Hubby and I are ready.

Are you all?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree.

Are there two p's in preppers? There is no pee in Lake Sumter.

Let's not start fighting about something that is on a reality TV show. I don't know anyone doing this. It is wise to lay in stuff for hurricanes and maybe hope you don't get a sink hole and put lightning rods up and have a colonoscopy and be thrifty. Maybe the time is coming for a lot of us to forget about being thrifty, come to think about it.

Good Morning Golfing nut! Good morning everyone!

Hey Gracie, 3 p's in preppers. Right?
My 10th grade teacher always warned that one needs to correct spelling errors correctly.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

Some are very serious about it! We have acquaintances back in N C that are preppers and have even been featured on The reality show although I haven't seen their episode! He says money won't be of any value so, even though he doesn't drink, he has stockpiled many cases of liquid to use for barter!

I'm with you guys! I don't even want to live in that kind of world but, then again, I guess that's easier for us elders to say seeing as we've already lived our bestest years!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Veteran member

These people are crazy and it is sick the way they are brainwashing their kids.
If a doomsday scenario occurred there will be some that survive and many that won't. Survival would depend on brainpower, strength, and brutality. Most people wouldn't be as brutal as they would need to be.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Sage

I'm a prepper, he's a prepper, she's a prepper,
we're a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a prepper too?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
It is totally beyond my comprehension that people choose to live their lives in fear and to convince their loved ones to follow. I cannot believe they are quite normal - but then what is normal!
Have you seen the episode of the woman in Utah who super cleans her home every single day to get rid of germs and has her entire family suit up in Hazmat type gear to practice what they would do in the event of a biological type attack?

Each family has a unique idea of what the end might be like.

One young father who lives with his wife and young children at approx. 8,000/9,000 feet elevation in Colorado (which is a bit dizzying when you first arrive) built a "cart" which he pulls himself (like a horse) and figures he can evacuate the family this way.........he pulled it across a large pond or river...............well, his "plan" is to take it up to 11,000 ++ ft. in elevation in the Rockies of Colorado......sounded like pulling it.....if they get "invaded"............he drove the family in his S.U.V. to their "bugout" shelter at the 11,000 ++ elevation but said it would "take at least 12 hours to pull the cart filled with his family". I really doubt he could humanly do that. Not at that altitude. They did show the kids inside the bugout shelter........underground. I felt very sorry for his wife and kids.

p.s. He drove the S.U.V. on icy mountain roads and the little boy was asking if the car could go off the cliff. He truly looked scared. They are putting fear into these kids for no good reason.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
This is a serious subject & I gotta say this is the funniest post I have read in along time! I don't suppose you will share either.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.