Questions for Directv subscribers

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Questions for Directv subscribers

1> Do you have a flatscreen in your bedroom?
2> If so, where is your box?

We have a DVR box that has an RF remote. Was thinking of placing the box in our master closet. (I would hang he TV on the other side of the wall) I guess I'll have to check with Directv if it will be too warm in a closet. Also assume we'll have metal studs and if that would throw off the RF remote. I tested and was behind several walls at least twice as far as we would require and had no problems.

Anybody else hide their boxes?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage

We have DirecTV. Our flat screens are on the walls in our master, in our guest room and in our family room. We actually slid the boxes behind the television with just a hair sticking out. We pinched the boxes between the televisions and the walls and it works great. They've been like that for two years with no problems.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Sage

You shouldn't have any problems with having your receiver in a closet. Just leave the sides and top open to allow for air flow.

We've had our DirecTV DVR in a home theater credenza for almost 4 years. With all the other 'stuff' in there generating heat, it gets warm enough to seemingly cook eggs! But no equipment issues. I've got enough holes in the back of the cabinet (and the doors on the front aren't sealed) so we get a reasonable amount of air flow through things, it seems.

Bill
Old 08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Directv

thanks, I now have options..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.