R.I.P. Jerry Springer.

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2023, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
His show was an introduction to the deplorables of America. I didn’t realize that there were really people of such low intelligence and moral character. His show was sort entertaining the way pro wrestling is entertaining. Were these people real? Were they coached to get into fights? Was most of it fake? I don’t know,
You do have the pro wrestling right. I have probably only watched an hour of pro wrestling over the past 5 years. Mostly watch CBS News,Fire Country, Saturday Night Live, Law and Order ,60 Minutes, the Weather Channel, Blue Bloods, Ghost, FBI and its spin-offs, 911 and its related shows, etc.

And lots of movies which sometimes do have something to do with wrestling.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-29-2023 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:23 AM

His show specialized in exposing the bottom of the barrel. Who was it who said 'One can never overestimate the stupidity of Americans'.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I thought his shows were the catalyst for the decline of tv. entertainment.
Awful was to good a word for the stuff.
TV for morons.
Totally agree. Unfortunately bad behavior is given too much publicity & to too many becomes their normal.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellavita View Post
I must disagree with you. The crazy low life tv shows have dumb downed the masses. Naked and afraid the Kardasions housewives of anywhere the list goes on. If someone is not bringing you up then they are bringing you down and taking the nation with it😎
No truer words were ever written!

Its been said in many ways by many people, but I think that H.L. Mencken said it best. "Nobody ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American people." American TV in general, and Jerry Springer in particular, are proof positive of that.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bills View Post
i thought his shows were the catalyst for the decline of tv. Entertainment.
Awful was to good a word for the stuff.
Tv for morons.
decline of free tv is the woke movement and all it entails. Every awards shows ratings are in the toilet because of all their pandering and political biases being presented front and center. Talk about
disgusting how does will smith get away with felonious assault and not be arrested on the stage and his oscar given him to him later in the show. I've had enough. Will not watch " free" tv any longer going on for about 3 years now. Wake me when woke and all that matter issues are over
Old 04-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
decline of free tv is the woke movement and all it entails. Every awards shows ratings are in the toilet because of all their pandering and political biases being presented front and center. Talk about
disgusting how does will smith get away with felonious assault and not be arrested on the stage and his oscar given him to him later in the show. I've had enough. Will not watch " free" tv any longer going on for about 3 years now. Wake me when woke and all that matter issues are over
Woke is the opposite of Jerry Springer's circus of chaos. Basically it is doing unto others as you would have done unto you-- i.e. the Golden Rule.

The Golden Rule does not really fit Jerry Springer shows.
Closed Thread

Tags
r.i.p, show, bed, sick, talk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.