So? Anybody watching any good new television shows now? Suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2022, 06:54 AM

I sit in the garage and watch dog parade ….. there’s a new episode every 15 minutes… the last one was about a nice lady who put water and doggie treats on her driveway …. Another episode was about the hot pavement and rude people from up north….
Old 04-20-2022, 06:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Heartland about a horse ranch was excellent. Have to get the 15th season.

And another season of Bosch is coming in two weeks.
Heartland is the best show ever. I didn't know about Bosch, you just made my week! Thank you. It's such a great show. I thought they left the ending where he might be a private detective, can't wait.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:58 AM

Netflix and Prime: Ozark, Yellowstone, Upload, Damages, Kim’s Convenience, Start-Up, Billions, The woman in the house across the street from the girl in the window.

Network TV comedies/dramas: Chicago Med, Fire, and PD, Law and Order, Bull, Young Sheldon, The Conners, NCIS, Blue Bloods

Talk: The Five
Old 04-20-2022, 07:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir34 View Post
Outlander. 6 seasons, 75 episodes so far. 7th season in production.
Outlander is very good SciFi without focusing on the SciFi. However, I thought they overdid the sex. I don't mind sex in a show if it adds to the plot, and at first it seemed to by, it seems a bit obsessive (I guess now everyone is going to run watch it - LOL).

Also, there is a lot of torture, which some will find hard to watch.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:05 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

Unforgotten, Midsomer Murders, Last Tango in Halifax, All Creatures Great and Small, Sanditon, and Call the Midwife (all on PBS), of course Schitt's Creek, Bridgerton. Most of them are British shows. We use closed captioning because of the British accents.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:50 AM
Send a message via ICQ to willis100 Send a message via AIM to willis100 Send a message via Yahoo to willis100 Send a message via Skype™ to willis100
Default Apple TV

Ted Lasso
Old 04-20-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Just finished season 1 of Ted Lasso. So far great show!
Old 04-20-2022, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKoca View Post
Unforgotten, Midsomer Murders, Last Tango in Halifax, All Creatures Great and Small, Sanditon, and Call the Midwife (all on PBS), of course Schitt's Creek, Bridgerton. Most of them are British shows. We use closed captioning because of the British accents.

OMG Last Tango in Halifax (same actress as Unforgotten). Loved that show, loved it. Have to see if I can find it again.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-20-2022, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Just finished season 1 of Ted Lasso. So far great show!
Great show!

If you want something a bit darker (violence warning), watch Killing Eve. It's quirky, funny, and DARK!

-Tom Petty
Old 04-20-2022, 08:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Great show!

If you want something a bit darker (violence warning), watch Killing Eve. It's quirky, funny, and DARK!
I will second Killing eve. Excellent.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:24 AM
Default TV shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I admit it. The confines of the Covid era got us hooked on watching a lot more television in the evenings. The habit seems to be here to stay, so now I want to know if TOTVers have any new recommendations.

I have a few:

The best thing I have found lately is Julia — about Julia Child’s life and how her show took off. The actress playing Julia is wonderful — you gotta love her — just like the real Julia Child. It is worth subscribing to HBO just to watch this. (They are dropping the episodes weekly and I think there are maybe two left in the queue.)

Ken Burns Ben Franklin (PBS)

I recently stumbled across Abbott Elementary. It is about teachers and other staff at a school in Philly. It concentrates on the teachers. It has a nice, sweet touch and some likable characters in funny situations. . .

Abbott Elementary is just a happy little show about a year-in-the-life of a school staff, on the job. (I figured it would get canceled because it is neither raunchy nor is it heavy handed or just plain stupid. But I just read that it will be back. I guess “Rotten Tomatoes” loved it. I did.)

. . .And as a bonus, it does not have a laugh track. (I hate laugh tracks. Who doesn’t though.)

That’s all I’ve got for now. Anybody else?

Boomer
Love these shows: The Goldbergs; Young Sheldon; Tuesday Night FBI trilogy; Blacklist; Big Sky; Star Trek:Picard. Just a few. Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2022, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
We are in season 7, getting redundant, does it make a rally??
We just enjoyed the characters and the growth of them. Did miss Mallory though.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamorela View Post
Ordinary Joe! How different one’s life could be if we had chosen another path!
Enjoyed it but disappointed it got cancelled mid season
Old 04-20-2022, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorp View Post
Love these shows: The Goldbergs; Young Sheldon; Tuesday Night FBI trilogy; Blacklist; Big Sky; Star Trek:Picard. Just a few. Enjoy!
Have really enjoyed Blacklist up to now but this season seems to have downhill and may stop watching.

Big Sky season 1 was very good almost up to date with season 2 but thought it has been very drawn out.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I admit it. The confines of the Covid era got us hooked on watching a lot more television in the evenings. The habit seems to be here to stay, so now I want to know if TOTVers have any new recommendations.

I have a few:

The best thing I have found lately is Julia — about Julia Child’s life and how her show took off. The actress playing Julia is wonderful — you gotta love her — just like the real Julia Child. It is worth subscribing to HBO just to watch this. (They are dropping the episodes weekly and I think there are maybe two left in the queue.)

Ken Burns Ben Franklin (PBS)

I recently stumbled across Abbott Elementary. It is about teachers and other staff at a school in Philly. It concentrates on the teachers. It has a nice, sweet touch and some likable characters in funny situations. . .

Abbott Elementary is just a happy little show about a year-in-the-life of a school staff, on the job. (I figured it would get canceled because it is neither raunchy nor is it heavy handed or just plain stupid. But I just read that it will be back. I guess “Rotten Tomatoes” loved it. I did.)

. . .And as a bonus, it does not have a laugh track. (I hate laugh tracks. Who doesn’t though.)

That’s all I’ve got for now. Anybody else?

Boomer
Outer Range- A new series on Amazon Prime

Murdoch Mysteries- On Acorn

Battle Creek TV series- On Amazon Prime

The Prisoner series-On Amazon Prime, Pluto, Roku

Sherlock series- Free on Tubi, Crackle

White Chapel series- On Amazon Prime, Hulu
Closed Thread

Tags
julia, teachers, abbott, staff, school

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.