So much for mike richards as the new jeopardy host!

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2021, 05:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

It seems like much ado about NOTHING IMHO. People say stupid things as well as write them from time-to-time.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Who's next up?
Since there’s no one free of sin, names will continue to be checked off until the “correct” person is announced. Then, when that person’s sins are uncovered, he/she will be forgiven because he/she will have all the appropriate boxes checked and to oppose him/her would be, well, you know. 🙄
Old 08-21-2021, 06:15 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV

Quote:
Who's next up?
It doesn't matter. As long as there are purists and snobs who will go back to something a person said in kindergarten, nobody will "qualify." PC continues to ruin America.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:21 AM
Veteran member

Omg, this guy is so loaded he can just toss money into the ocean and not miss it. Why don’t you all get behind someone actually deserving of a game show host position? Like a former contestant who could use this opportunity. Or someone who’s done game shows? Why do you want to make the super wealthy even wealthier? In his role as “Jeopardy” producer, which he will continue, Richards has a reported net worth of $6 million…….And that’s only from Jeopardy. He’s also a producer on Wheel of Fortune so he’s making the same money over there.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Who's next up?
How about Keith Richards ? You want someone who's going to be around awhile!!!!
Old 08-21-2021, 06:44 AM

The Jeopardy reruns highlighted “Alex’s adventures “ where there was 1 category where he gave the clues from somewhere in the world or some place (Sesame Street)
Old 08-21-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Totally agree. I thought she was perfect for the job.
I agree! I thought she did a great job.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:27 AM

Hoping for Levar Burton. He was a natural. Prob won’t hire him. He’s too old.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I didn't like her. I haven't followed her like a lot of my friends have on her nerd series. I didn't like how she dressed....( I know, right??) No one on Jeopardy is up to date as dressers....One host anchor was...I really loved Robin...whatshername. She dressed very well and was so quick and warm too.

Alex Trebek reruns were on ....what's that about???? I want to see that kid from Medina, Ohio win a million bucks and buy himself a nice house............
It’s her I know it all because I’m a neuroscientist- which if you don’t use it that’s not what you are - Robin Roberts will push social issues and most of the hosts didn’t have a connection with the audience.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy R. View Post
How about Keith Richards ? You want someone who's going to be around awhile!!!!
Good one, I am LOL
Old 08-21-2021, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I agree.

Also, I really don't understand how such a high-profile position, with that much money on the line and they didn't vet him better. It sometimes amazes me how stupid people are,
Even more amazing and sad is that past mistakes are never forgiven in today’s society. We all make them. Wouldn’t be surprised if those who booted him have said/done much worse. Same for those cyber shaming him.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:23 AM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I didn't like her. I haven't followed her like a lot of my friends have on her nerd series. I didn't like how she dressed....( I know, right??) No one on Jeopardy is up to date as dressers....One host anchor was...I really loved Robin...whatshername. She dressed very well and was so quick and warm too.

Alex Trebek reruns were on ....what's that about???? I want to see that kid from Medina, Ohio win a million bucks and buy himself a nice house............
Old 08-21-2021, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMACK55 View Post
It’s her I know it all because I’m a neuroscientist- which if you don’t use it that’s not what you are - Robin Roberts will push social issues and most of the hosts didn’t have a connection with the audience.
Absolutely, positively the LAST THING I want to see on Jeopardy. It's a great game show, not an editorial page. Just as bad as that sportscaster making political statement on Monday Night Football. She can make all her stupid social comments on her ultra liberal morning show, but leave the entertainment sector alone. I vote a big NO on Robin Roberts.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Omg, this guy is so loaded he can just toss money into the ocean and not miss it. Why don’t you all get behind someone actually deserving of a game show host position? Like a former contestant who could use this opportunity. Or someone who’s done game shows? Why do you want to make the super wealthy even wealthier? In his role as “Jeopardy” producer, which he will continue, Richards has a reported net worth of $6 million…….And that’s only from Jeopardy. He’s also a producer on Wheel of Fortune so he’s making the same money over there.
He's rich (and so are others) SO WHAT!!!! Jealous??????

Shouldn't this be about finding the best person for the job, and I don't care if that's a Bowery bum or Jeff Bezos
Old 08-21-2021, 08:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

It wasn't 30 years go, it was 7 years ago. Richards' crude comments about women and Jews made on his podcast four years AFTER sexual harassment lawsuits were brought against him. Richards stepped down because, as the producer, he doesn't want to lose a single watcher. He wasn't the best choice anyway. Mayim Bialik was, but couldn't be fulltime host, because of her schedule. The other best choice is LeVar Burton. I hope they pick him.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.