So much for mike richards as the new jeopardy host!

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2021, 08:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy R. View Post
How about Keith Richards ? You want someone who's going to be around awhile!!!!
THAT is funny! I'm sure scientists are drooling to do the autopsy when he eventually passes, to find out how one person can do so many drugs and still survive. lol
Old 08-21-2021, 08:45 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

I love Levar Burton and I really wanted to like him as Jeopardy host but he was terrible. His timing was completely off and he looked like he was struggling to stay focused. I think the job is a lot harder than it looks.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
I love Levar Burton and I really wanted to like him as Jeopardy host but he was terrible. His timing was completely off and he looked like he was struggling to stay focused. I think the job is a lot harder than it looks.
Agree. I like him with or without his visor, but as Jeopardy host he sucked.
It is almost always difficult to fill the shoes of an icon
Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I didn't like her. I haven't followed her like a lot of my friends have on her nerd series. I didn't like how she dressed....( I know, right??) No one on Jeopardy is up to date as dressers....One host anchor was...I really loved Robin...whatshername. She dressed very well and was so quick and warm too.

Alex Trebek reruns were on ....what's that about???? I want to see that kid from Medina, Ohio win a million bucks and buy himself a nice house............
What does how she dressed have to do with it? That's a horrible (as well as sexist) criteria in evaluating the host! Mayim was very comfortable in reading the questions, personable, and was the best of the guest hosts!

As far as the reruns go, they are just starting to film the shows for next season. That's what it's about - duh!
Old 08-21-2021, 08:55 AM

Mike Richards' comments weren't something merely overheard in a private conversation or picked up by a random cell phone. They were on a podcast, intended to he heard by the masses. Comments like his show one's true colors, and I'm very surprised that he's even remaining with the show.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Don’t know but back then it probably wouldn’t have offended anyone; nowadays crybabies are offended by any little thing….
During 2013-2014, he called his podcast co-host and former assistant a "booth ho" and a "booth slut". Called her friends "frumpy and overweight". When she said "no one's overweight", he said "They look fat and not good in the picture. It's bad".

He made multiple offensive comments about women, Jews, little people, people with mental disabilities, etc.

It wasn't long ago that he did this, so he has no excuses for this abhorrent behavior!
Old 08-21-2021, 09:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfey View Post
It doesn't matter. As long as there are purists and snobs who will go back to something a person said in kindergarten, nobody will "qualify." PC continues to ruin America.
"PC continues to ruin America."

(typed in facetious font) I know, right? It started with abolishing slavery, then the next thing you know women get to vote too? Oh for the 'good old days' when it was acceptable, and even encouraged, to publicly discriminate and denigrate minorities, the disabled and women.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjacket74 View Post
During 2013-2014, he called his podcast co-host and former assistant a "booth ho" and a "booth slut". Called her friends "frumpy and overweight". When she said "no one's overweight", he said "They look fat and not good in the picture. It's bad".

He made multiple offensive comments about women, Jews, little people, people with mental disabilities, etc.

It wasn't long ago that he did this, so he has no excuses for this abhorrent behavior!
He apparently had a fairly long history of such comments, so good riddance.

But the reply of "no one's overweight" may be the most idiotic statement in history
Old 08-21-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfey View Post
It doesn't matter. As long as there are purists and snobs who will go back to something a person said in kindergarten, nobody will "qualify." PC continues to ruin America.
It was 7 years ago and he should have known better.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:58 AM

Maybe they should just "cancel" Jeopardy itself? Let it die with Alex Trebek. Everything has a shelf life and perhaps this show was past its due date. They could always devise a similar show and call it something different, have a different format, etc. I think this host search thing denigrates the show and is pathetic, quite frankly.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Maybe they should just "cancel" Jeopardy itself? Let it die with Alex Trebek. Everything has a shelf life and perhaps this show was past its due date. They could always devise a similar show and call it something different, have a different format, etc. I think this host search thing denigrates the show and is pathetic, quite frankly.
I agree. Looks like they are trying to squeez a few more dollars out of a long run. Let it go, RIP.

LeVar Burton, no thanks.
Old 08-22-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
"PC continues to ruin America."

(typed in facetious font) I know, right? It started with abolishing slavery, then the next thing you know women get to vote too? Oh for the 'good old days' when it was acceptable, and even encouraged, to publicly discriminate and denigrate minorities, the disabled and women.
One of the "New Victorians", eh?
Old 08-22-2021, 03:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
One of the "New Victorians", eh?
Where I come from and the way I was raised, it's just called simple decency and trying to live ones life by the 'Golden Rule.'
Old 08-22-2021, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

They will probably not let a cash cow like Jeopardy out to pasture. So, they will find someone suitable. I still like LeVar Burton as a choice. He does need some more experience though at hosting.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Mike Richards' comments weren't something merely overheard in a private conversation or picked up by a random cell phone. They were on a podcast, intended to he heard by the masses. Comments like his show one's true colors, and I'm very surprised that he's even remaining with the show.
As long as your digging around in the “old days”, take a look at Jimmie Kimmels history and he is still on TV. How does that work?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.