Tamarind Grove Cable Services?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Question Tamarind Grove Cable Services?

We are moving permanently to our villa in Tamarind Grove and the information about internet/cable/phone services is confusing. Is Comcast the only option in TG? I checked Verizon and Brighthouse's web sites and could not find service in the 32162 zip code.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Hello! We moved to TG in December and Comcast was our only choice at that time. Bright house is not available not sure about Verizon. We are happy with Comcast. We have cable, Internet and phone (free long distance). What Villas are you in?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Hello! We moved to TG in December and Comcast was our only choice at that time. Bright house is not available not sure about Verizon. We are happy with Comcast. We have cable, Internet and phone (free long distance). What Villas are you in?
We're in Southern Star Villas. I'm moving down permanently next week and Hubster in October. Need my internet asap. Comcast will probably be OK for us, we don't have special needs. We have Time Warner now and it has been great for us but people slam it.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We live in Southern Star Villas since moving into our new CYV last July and have Century Link for internet and home phone and Directv for television. I had to have my Directv since I'm really into sports and I guess many others are also since I've seen several satellite dishes on the rooftops. In eleven months we've never had an outage on the internet or telephone with Century Link. However, if you're not particular and you can get by with cable instead of satellite, you'll get a better price with 'Comcast Triple Play' and the convenience of dealing with just one company instead of two.

With Century Link we have internet that's called 'to the curb' no modem at 10mpbs speed and telephone with unlimited long distance, caller ID and call block, total is $59.99 a month plus tax, which makes it about $75 and Directv will cost you an equal amount or more but you'll get about 125 channels in HD and many sports packages not available anywhere else.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We live in Southern Star Villas since moving into our new CYV last July and have Century Link for internet and home phone and Directv for television. I had to have my Directv since I'm really into sports and I guess many others are also since I've seen several satellite dishes on the rooftops. In eleven months we've never had an outage on the internet or telephone with Century Link. However, if you're not particular and you can get by with cable instead of satellite, you'll get a better price with 'Comcast Triple Play' and the convenience of dealing with just one company instead of two.

With Century Link we have internet that's called 'to the curb' no modem at 10mpbs speed and telephone with unlimited long distance, caller ID and call block, total is $59.99 a month plus tax, which makes it about $75 and Directv will cost you an equal amount or more but you'll get about 125 channels in HD and many sports packages not available anywhere else.
Is that a dish and did you have to get approval?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 AM

I live in Tamarind Grove on Ansley Path. I have Century Link for phone and internet, I LOVE it. I have Direct TV for TV, wish I had Prism from Century Link. I will soon!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Is that a dish and did you have to get approval?
We have Directv for television, and yes you will need a dish to pick up the satellite. Directv will install it for free, and no approval is required. The Villages requests on CYV's you have it placed at least 15' behind your privacy fence on the gate side and the Directv installer is aware of that. However, if they can't get a signal there they will place the dish where it is necessary. That was all covered by a federal law passed a few years ago that homeowners associations cannot ban or restrict satellite dishes.

Prism from Century Link wasn't available last summer, but we would of gone with Directv over Prism anyway because on premium channels alone Prism will only give you 2 each in HD where Directv gives us 8 HBO, 8 Cinemax, 10 Showtime and 9 Starz channels in HD. If you're not into premium movie channels or sports then Prism or Comcast Cable would probably be sufficient.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.