Television

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Default Television

I see a lot of Television programming is geared to 30, 40 years ago.
Also some programs that are regular programming in the north are put on pay channels here.

While I'm at it , They seem to think everyone likes sports; Many don't.

My body is old not my mind , I like living in the present not the past; I've already lived in the past , I know what's there.

Anyone happy with Dish or Direct tv ?

OK I'm done complaining !

AG
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
I see a lot of Television programming is geared to 30, 40 years ago.
Also some programs that are regular programming in the north are put on pay channels here.

While I'm at it , They seem to think everyone likes sports; Many don't.

My body is old not my mind , I like living in the present not the past; I've already lived in the past , I know what's there.

Anyone happy with Dish or Direct tv ?

OK I'm done complaining !

AG
I think that television has always been a wasteland with just a few worthy programs through the years. The domination of "reality" shows certainly hasn't helped the quality. I just finished watching an excellent episode of Masterpiece Theater on PBS featuring Wallender, the famous Swedish detective. With TIVO, I can now record great movies and watch them without all the commercials. So, I don't think TV has gotten any worse, but as you have pointed out it is mostly geared to a younger demographic because they spend more money than we do. Combine that with living in a place where folks want to be outdoors a lot, tv has become a lot less relevant to me.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Veteran member
Default television

On Comcast,I get three "nostalgia" stations that show old shows from years gone by and I love them.I'll take them over these mindless reality type shows anyday.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.