Tell us about your choice of TV.(Television set)

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonandParker View Post
............If you are just watching standard tv shows or programs, then a flat screen or plasma tv is not what you"re looking for.
Huh? What does that leave?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
GG - Today's Daily Sun (6/15) page D8 had an article about a plasma HDTV. Seemed like something to check out.

Z
What was your general takeaway from the article? I couldn"t find it online. Thanks...
Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Default Hi Gracie

I just this week received my new TV. According to Product reviews and prices, software downloads, and tech news - CNET, this is among the best TVs on the market. It is new for 2012. You can stop over to see the picture. PM me. The price is fantastic for a top-of-the-line TV. I really love it.
Click here to read the review;

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
What was your general takeaway from the article? I couldn"t find it online. Thanks...
I liked the integrated WiFi and what he said was an ease in tweaking the picture quality.

It has been several years since I bought a new TV but if I was going to get a new one it would have the WiFi feature as part of the TV.

When I shop for a new electronic device I read everything that I can about all of the different models and brands to see what the new features are and then I make an itemized list and go shopping.

The unfortunate thing is that when you get to these stores it is hard to find a salesperson that can answer all of your questions so you should go in well prepared.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I liked the integrated WiFi and what he said was an ease in tweaking the picture quality.

It has been several years since I bought a new TV but if I was going to get a new one it would have the WiFi feature as part of the TV.

When I shop for a new electronic device I read everything that I can about all of the different models and brands to see what the new features are and then I make an itemized list and go shopping.

The unfortunate thing is that when you get to these stores it is hard to find a salesperson that can answer all of your questions so you should go in well prepared.

I worked in the electronics industry for many years so I found it amusing to ask a question to a salesperson when I already knew the answer and I could tell their answer was a guess.

So important to do research and not rely on a salesperson but I would hard pressed to buy from someone who didn't know their product.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam

GG: I guess I am late on this thread but if you have not purchased a TV yet I would recommend as a brand Samsung. I would also recommend that you explore what makes an excellent model excellent.

I had purchased a 52" Samsung 750 a few years back. I spent better than 6 months before I purchased it and at thecost I wanted. In that time Samsung later models arrived on the scene. What I learned is that because of the bad economy all flat screen mfgs were duming down the innards to become price competitive. So I purchased the 750 which had the highest ratings in all categories, had a hard drive, etc.

About a year ago we began to convert our front bedroom which served as my wife's office. She retired 2/1/12 to a man cave for me. Adding a hie away bed (Murphy with built in desk and had them build a custom TV stand. On that TV stand sets a 46" Samsung 6000 with all the latest technology. Again in researching found the newer 6000 were not as good.

People continually comment regarding the clear picture i receive vis a vis there TV.

I am certain other brands can be as good. The important thing to remeber is a rose by any other name is a rose doesn't work with flat panels TV's so research to the minuate detail can pay off in dividends

Disclosure Caution: This poster is not remotely considered to be an expert. You may not want to try his suggestions at home.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I would rely on Consumer Reports for the best TV for the money. I have never been steered wrong and my televisions have lasted for many years with no problems.

Two years ago, I bought a 42" Samsung and the picture is remarkiable crystal clear. If you can afford a LED type tv, I would go with that type as opposed to a LCD, (almost as good). I would not buy a plasma as I believe if you sit at a angle the picture is nor viewable.

The size of the tv is determined by how far away from the tv you will sit.
A 42" set will require that you sit eight feet away. Consumer should advise on the proper distance.
I've had a plasma tv for years, it is viewable from all angles and is crystal clear. And as Bill stated earlier refresh rate is important to clarity, especially for motion...plasma sets refresh rate s are around 600mhz as opposed to the 120 or 240 refresh rate of LED/LCD TVs. So Gracie, just to throw something out there....what about 3D?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
My favorite TV has no brand name, is light weight and hardly costs anything. As a matter of fact, it doesn't weigh anything and doesn't cost anything. It's called, "NO TV". And you don't have to do a lot of shopping-around for it.

The best part is there's no cable bill and you don't have to worry about lightening zaping it. You don't have to rush home to see this program or that program; so, your life is your own. You're not tied to programing. You can go for a walk, read a book or even have a conversation with someone.

It's pretty amazing.
darn, I must be ambidextrous....I can do all those things and watch TV to stay in touch with the world.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.