Three Pines — New Binge-Worthy Series based on Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache Books

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2022, 08:24 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Three Pines — New Binge-Worthy Series based on Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache Books

Last night, we found Three Pines on Amazon Prime.

The series started on December 2 and drops 2 episodes each Friday. We watched the first two last night and I am happy to report that the murder was solved by the end, although a second mystery was left to learn more about (I think) in future episodes. (I don’t like it when it takes an entire season to solve one murder, like a lot of series do. This one did not. It took only about 2 hours.)

Three Pines is the fictional name of the small town in Canada that is the setting for Louise Penny’s popular mystery series with Inspector Gamache.

Ironically, just last week, I was looking for my next Audible listen and had decided to start Penny’s series because I have heard so much about it.

The first book of the series is Still Life. The most recent is A World of Curiosities which came out in November, and I think that one is number 18.

I liked Three Pines and I especially liked the character Inspector Gamache. Today, I will download Still Life on Audible and start listening while I try to get some work done around the house.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-12-2022 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Great show! Can't wait for next season.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Thanks for heads-up. Will give it a try.

PS. Midsomer Murders will be back with a new series when the have repopulated the village and surrounding areas!
Old 12-12-2022, 09:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

The series started on December 2 and drops 2 episodes each Friday. We watched the first two last night and I am happy to report that the murder was solved by the end, although a second mystery was left to learn more about (I think) in future episodes. (I don’t like it when it takes an entire season to solve one murder, like a lot of series do. This one did not. It took only about 2 hours.)

Three Pines is the fictional name of the small town in Canada that is the setting for Louise Penny’s popular mystery series with Inspector Gamache.

Ironically, just last week, I was looking for my next Audible listen and had decided to start Penny’s series because I have heard so much about it.

The first book of the series is Still Life written in 2005. The most recent is A World of Curiosities which came out in November, and I think that one is number 18.

I liked Three Pines and I especially liked the character Inspector Gamache. Today, I will download Still Life on Audible and start listening while I try to get some work done around the house.

Boomer
Good luck with you audible journey
Inspector Gamache (Three Pines) Series (Books 1-15 audible journey

Thanks for the recommendations
Old 12-12-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

The first book of the series is Still Life written in 2005. The most recent is A World of Curiosities which came out in November, and I think that one is number 18.

Boomer
Thank You. Watched the trailer- going to check it out

Tags
series, gamache, inspector, penny’s, episodes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.