True Detectives

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Default True Detectives

Did anyone watch this season 2 with colin farrell and vince vaughn?? It just finished and found it very hard to follow...

Last season was awesome with woody harrelson and matthew mcconaughey but this season just wasn't as good... thoughts out there.. It's an HBO series for those that don't know..
Old 08-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac007 View Post
Did anyone watch this season 2 with colin farrell and vince vaughn?? It just finished and found it very hard to follow...

Last season was awesome with woody harrelson and matthew mcconaughey but this season just wasn't as good... thoughts out there.. It's an HBO series for those that don't know..
Just started the First Season of True Detective.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I liked season one better but found season two to be interesting. The last two episodes did a good job of tying everything together but I really hated the ending.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-17-2015, 11:45 AM

(SPOILERS) I like what this season attempted. "The occult of transportation ownership," but too many details we're convoluted. Like the important detail of the little brother and sister. That got lost in a monotone, monologue.
But I did love the performances and music. I thought all of the 4 main actors did an incredible job performing, especially Vince Vaughn.
That being said, I hate the ending.
I'm all for a negative ending, like the revelation about season 1's cult and how strong it is. But it felt very unresolved. The murder turned out to be trivial to a much bigger problem, and there was no big climax with how powerful the system was. We already knew that from the first episode.
I guess we're left to speculate that this journalist that Ani (Rachel McAdams) hands the evidence to is going to "Take down the system" but that same journalist stopped his 8-piece feature on the corruption of Vicci after Colin Farrel beat him up on the first episode.
I feel like Vicci would have no problem snuffing out that journalist.
The show is still better than most Television, but yeah I agree.
Outside of a few highlights, this season was very disappointing compared to the first.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:53 AM

I liked it. Especially the ending. The fire, wow. That was good. I didn't like the ending per say. I was hoping they would all live happily ever after, but.........................
Old 08-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Too often we find that the plot is ignored in favor of honing in on the dysfunctional characters, which by my measure are hard to watch. I am not interested in a characters fetishes. I don't mind bad endings. There was little difference in viewing between True Detective Season 1 and Season 2

I just watched Top of the Stars, starring Juilanne Moore on "On Demand" that was also very hard to watch and I am not so sure audience want to go there; albeit Homeland's lead character doesn't come off too badly

American movie goers have had a steady diet of sex drugs and psychotics since the late 1960's and I believe they need a break.
Closed Thread

Tags
season, thoughts, matthew, mcconaughey, good, harrelson, hbo, series, colin, farrell, vince, watch, detectives, vaughn, finished, true, awesome, follow, found, hard, woody

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.