TV, Internet Briar Meadow?

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Default TV, Internet Briar Meadow?

I keep reading posts about TV/Cable/Internet providers in TV. My husband and I plan to move to Briar Meadow in September and need to get signed up fairly soon. Seems to me that there is no agreement about providers quality. A company one likes, another hates.

Around here in Ohio there is only one cable provider, take it or leave it. We love our Armstrong and will definitely miss it.

My question is what provider should I get for our new home? Should I get separate for internet and television? Don't want phone if I get cable because we like Vonage.

I would definitely appreciate any advice pertinent to Briar Meadow. Please help!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
I keep reading posts about TV/Cable/Internet providers in TV. My husband and I plan to move to Briar Meadow in September and need to get signed up fairly soon. Seems to me that there is no agreement about providers quality. A company one likes, another hates.

Around here in Ohio there is only one cable provider, take it or leave it. We love our Armstrong and will definitely miss it.

My question is what provider should I get for our new home? Should I get separate for internet and television? Don't want phone if I get cable because we like Vonage.

I would definitely appreciate any advice pertinent to Briar Meadow. Please help!
I have Comcast TV and Century-Link Internet. I formerly bundled everything with Comcast but had repeated internet problems. I don't think there is any other cable provider in the northern villages. One of the crazy things about Comcast is that you get no HDTV with their basic package. But there is a similarly priced special HD package you can get if you know to ask for it. Be careful and patient when you sign up. Century-Link is nothing special. I had massive problems with them in North Carolina. But my internet works in TV so all's ok. Good luck. Think of this part of moving in as like an initiation rite. No fun.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Eternal Member

I have had ClearLink - which became Comcast since I moved to Springdale back in 2001. We are just down the road from Briar Meadow. I have only had a couple of problems that have been fixed with a quick online chat with Comcast.

With the exception of an outage during one if the hurricanes in 2004(?), I cannot think of more than a couple of any outages in the entire time. I am not happy with the DTA boxes but I understand with Direct TV you need a receiver for each TV. Not sure about CenturyLink's Prism.

I do upgrade my cable box annually to make sure I have the latest technology. It takes about two hours. That includes the trip to the Comcast office in Summerfield to exchange the box.

I used to do the same with the cable modem but since I bundled in the telephone I am not sure what is required sine the cable modem works the telephone also.

I have had several neighbors switch to Direct TV and or CenturyLink but have switched back to Comcast. There are others that have switched to Direct TV and CenturyLink and never looked back.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.