Xfinity

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2023, 10:47 AM

It’s a norm to have Spanish speaking for football games. They Been doing this for couple years. Yes you can find a station without what I have to do.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
On the remote, press to Xfinity button, then the settings button, then the device settings, then audio, and then audio language (SAP) reset.
Call the sales division
Many reps there , and ask to transfer to tech dept.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCMartin View Post
I heard that everyone lost the license to show the NFL games except YouTube TV.
Only the games not on National TV on Sunday’s and Thursday Night which Amazon Prime has the license, are on YouTube’s Sunday Ticket
Old 09-11-2023, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
While I was on hold with Xfinity tried this and would not work and they kept telling me to try again later.

Finally was connected to a very nice young lady in the Phillipenes (whose English was pretty good) and she reset our TV on their end. No idea if it will work until there is a game on tonight but keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks all for your help.
A bit of an update.

Still will not know until tonight to see if I can watch the game in English but got a call an automated call from Xfinity asking if our issue was resolved. Press 1 for no press 2 for no.

Since I do not yet know if they fixed the problem pressed 2. It than said hold on for next available technician and by the way it will take 30 minutes for your turn. I hung up.

Between no telephone number on their website and the above customer service really does not mean a lot to them.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:55 PM

There are 2 different menu sections for language on both the TV and the cable box.
One setting is for the language for the menu prompts.
Other setting is for the audio that you hear. That is the SAP (separate audio program) which is not there on most broadcasts. That is the setting you need to find. You have it set to spanish, but will provide english is the SAP is not being included on that channel's program.
The other possibility is that you are on a channel that has no SAP feed, but that functionality is happening at the source. Find the same program on another channel of that same station.
Old 09-11-2023, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
There are 2 different menu sections for language on both the TV and the cable box.
One setting is for the language for the menu prompts.
Other setting is for the audio that you hear. That is the SAP (separate audio program) which is not there on most broadcasts. That is the setting you need to find. You have it set to spanish, but will provide english is the SAP is not being included on that channel's program.
The other possibility is that you are on a channel that has no SAP feed, but that functionality is happening at the source. Find the same program on another channel of that same station.
If you press the Xfinity button, then go all the way to the right side and click on the gear, there will be a selection named "language". Set everything to English. That should fix the problem. If not, the issue is with Xfinity.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
If you press the Xfinity button, then go all the way to the right side and click on the gear, there will be a selection named "language". Set everything to English. That should fix the problem. If not, the issue is with Xfinity.
The technician at Xfinity thinks she fixed the problem i will know in about 90 minutes.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:03 PM
Sage

The latest as I pull my hair out.

To avoid commercials taped the game and when I realized it was taped on ESPN which I was watching in English decided to see what was going on on ABC. That was in Spanish for some reason.

OK tried some of the other suggestions and no change.

Than it occurs to me what is going on with our other TV which has no box and is controlled by our living room TV box. On our second TV I can watch in English.

No idea why this should be but tomorrow time to have another conversation with xfinity.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:46 AM
Default Wonderful, Comcast

Quote:

To avoid commercials taped the game and when I realized it was taped on ESPN which I was watching in English decided to see what was going on on ABC. That was in Spanish for some reason.

Than it occurs to me what is going on with our other TV which has no box and is controlled by our living room TV box. On our second TV I can watch in English.

No idea why this should be but tomorrow time to have another conversation with xfinity.
Don’t worry Comcast/Xfinity can fix the problem for you. They will send a technician and it will only cost you $100. Good luck with Comcast Xfinity what they get away with with prices is beyond belief you can thank the people you elected in Washington.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:21 AM
Sage

Quote:

I am confused by your statement that you have a TV with no box. If you have regular Xfinity cable, every TV should have a box, unless you are using the Xfinity Stream app on the second TV.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:17 AM

Stu - What is the make and model number for your TV with the spanish sound
Old 09-12-2023, 06:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

It’s not xfinity, it’s your TV. Especially if one TV is fine.
Xfinity sends the signal, TV interprets the signal.

TV is set on Spanish feed. The setting Could be under closed caption
Old 09-12-2023, 07:04 AM
Sage

This only happens for football.
Last night 433 ABC is in Spanish for mbf this am back to english..
I do have an old box and remote from xfinity will get new ones hopefully that will solve problem.
Old 09-12-2023, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
This only happens for football.
Last night 433 ABC is in Spanish for mbf this am back to english..
I do have an old box and remote from xfinity will get new ones hopefully that will solve problem.
You can take the old box to the store on Rt 441 near Best Buy, and they will swap it out. It only takes about a minute and you don't need to wait in line. The newest cable box has 4K built into it. You don't need to bring the cables and remote. Get a receipt for the old box.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
I am confused by your statement that you have a TV with no box. If you have regular Xfinity cable, every TV should have a box, unless you are using the Xfinity Stream app on the second TV.
We have one box that somehow controls our second TV. The remote for the second box allows us to record or change channels. Saved a few bucks over having two boxes.
Closed Thread

Tags
number, xfinity, fix, idea, phone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.