expanding cart path access

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson
Default Re: expanding cart path access

In the scope of everything...does this really matter?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
In the scope of everything...does this really matter?
[center]Matter? Well I think it's nice to be known on the other side of the gates that we are kind, sharing, hard working, compassionate folks as are the locals I'm sure. I work very hard keeping the phrase "America's Friendliest Home Town" alive and well. So in answer to your question, yes it matters to me.
Handie :joke:
Old 06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

You misinterpreted my comment, Handie.

I agree with you.

This is where I get in trouble...not going into more detail. I meant to say does it really matter who can access us or not?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Veteran member

Gotcha :bigthumbsup:
Handie :joke:
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 AM

The news article in Sunday's Daily Sun never, ever suggested closing off the two town squares to visitors. The commercial entities need the revenue stream and could never succeed if only Village residents were permitted. The article was specifically discussing the issue of our multi-model paths (golf cart trails) and the fact that Lady Lake wants to obtain access for their residents. The Mayor of Lady Lake has been speaking of this issue for quite some time now. I don't see the need for golf cart access when they can already travel by car. I am very relieved to read in the news article that some Villages officials see plans for increased golf cart access as an undue burden on current Villages residents. The Vice-president of community relations for The Villages, Gary Lester, said we pay more to live in a unique, master-designed, golf cart community and enjoy the special amenities.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Villager
I don't see the need for golf cart access when they can already travel by car. I am very relieved to read in the news article that some Villages officials see plans for increased golf cart access as an undue burden on current Villages residents. The Vice-president of community relations for The Villages, Gary Lester, said we pay more to live in a unique, master-designed, golf cart community and enjoy the special amenities.
Seems to me that increased golf cart access would be better than increased automobile traffic especially since gas is reaching all time highs.. And for what it's worth the traffic, auto or golf cart goes both ways. For every one coming into TV there will be a corresponding number of carts leaving to go shopping in new shopping center and if it becomes accessible, the New Sam's Club on Hwy 441. Carts going to Rolling Acres Shopping Center to Target, Carrabas and Outback, etc from TV has been areal benefit.

I have no idea what was meant by..."some Villages officials see plans for increased golf cart access as an undue burden on current Villages residents".

Can someone explain that? What undue burden are they talking about?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

One difference is the fact that the public roads are not maintained solely by TV. The golf cart paths are. That means increased traffic from outlying communities would cause more wear and tear that would be paid for by TVers.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-16-2008, 09:07 PM

No, No, No, Redwitch. The golf cart paths are not maintained by The Villages. They are maintained by the CDD in which they are located. The taxpayers of that CDD have to pay for maintenance. If you lived next to a cart path used by lots and lots of people, you would be receiving the news that I have received, my dollars have to pay for repairs or modernization to the cart path. So, do I want non-Villagers using the paths? Need I reply?
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.