Sumter County Property Taxes

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Default We've been here 12 years and....

our Sumter County taxes are STILL one quarter of what our taxes were in CT TWELVE years ago! We have paid pretty much the same over the entire 12 years. In CT our taxes more than doubled in that period of time. We are GRATEFUL for the beauty and maintenance all around us for the cost to us. Just sayin' "quitchabitchin".....
Old 09-12-2022, 09:28 PM
Default Sorry you feel I am bitchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
our Sumter County taxes are STILL one quarter of what our taxes were in CT TWELVE years ago! We have paid pretty much the same over the entire 12 years. In CT our taxes more than doubled in that period of time. We are GRATEFUL for the beauty and maintenance all around us for the cost to us. Just sayin' "quitchabitchin".....
I live in The Villages for 10 years. I am also blessed living in such a beautiful place. I just don't like seeing the Seniors being overcharged vs the other homes in Sumter. If you are living in The Villages for 12 years, your taxes are very low because of the great laws we have in FL. You get homestead, senior discounts and portability. They cannot raise your taxes more than 3% per year. I also have those benefits, so my taxes are very low. I taught in the Senior Center in Volusia County and donated my salary back to the Center. I have worked with Property Appraisers in Volusia, Orange, Seminole, Lake and now Sumter saving Senior's money. I really try hard to be respectful of everyone's opinion. If I insult anyone, that is not my intention.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:44 PM

Woodside - DH73 WT4 (DH73C4).........Does the C4 mean something ?
Old 09-13-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Woodside - DH73 WT4 (DH73C4).........Does the C4 mean something ?
I think the "C" means you are in the new area (south of 44). Your building effect rate is $162 and combined with other models. Thank you for the info. If you call Sumter County PA 352-569-6800 and ask them to email your Property Record Card. It is very interesting to see how they calculate your Market Value. If I am incorrect, please let me know. Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-13-2022, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

What I don't understand about the taxes is the rate. A friend has a house on the golf course in the same neighborhood we live in. Her tax rate works out to about 1.3% of the total taxable value of the home. Our house is on an interior lot. Our tax rate works out to 1.5% of our total taxable home value. That doesn't make sense to me. It looks like a small amount, but for us, comes to about an extra $500 per yer. (To calculate the rate, I took the total tax paid for the year divided by the total taxable value of the home).
Old 09-13-2022, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
What I don't understand about the taxes is the rate. A friend has a house on the golf course in the same neighborhood we live in. Her tax rate works out to about 1.3% of the total taxable value of the home. Our house is on an interior lot. Our tax rate works out to 1.5% of our total taxable home value. That doesn't make sense to me. It looks like a small amount, but for us, comes to about an extra $500 per yer. (To calculate the rate, I took the total tax paid for the year divided by the total taxable value of the home).
The total tax paid is made up of at least five separate taxes. You need to look at the many lines on your tax bill to see where the difference is coming from.

- Each of the various millage rates (at least three) f will be the same for you both if you both live in the same county
- The taxable value may be different for each line on your bill due to the applied exemptions
- If one of you lives in the Wildwood taxing area then that bill will have an additional line or two (I don't)
- The Maintenance amount will be different by CDD
- The Bond amount will be different by unit

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-13-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:00 PM

Lantana in Ashland Village = D21C042 / Folio 1019121
Old 09-13-2022, 04:36 PM

Call Sumter County PA 352-569-6800 and ask for your property record card for your house and your neighbor's house. I am paying $1300 in 3 years more than my neighbors. When you get the property record card, I can help you understand.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Fiore View Post
I think the "C" means you are in the new area (south of 44). Your building effect rate is $162 and combined with other models. Thank you for the info. If you call Sumter County PA 352-569-6800 and ask them to email your Property Record Card. It is very interesting to see how they calculate your Market Value. If I am incorrect, please let me know. Thanks for your help!!
I will look into it. FWIW, paid 506K (September 2021), latest Trim Report shows an estimated value of 518K.

Tags
code, county, property, sumter, model

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.