TOTV PICTURE ALBUM SITE

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default TOTV PICTURE ALBUM SITE

To the admin powers that be....

How about having a site where all of the pictures and/or albums can be combined to one location to easily browse? As it stands, it's difficult to return to picture sites that are not easily accessible unless you can remember the post position.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: TOTV PICTURE ALBUM SITE

Barb,

I was thinking the same thing

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Veteran member

What a great idea!!

I love looking at everyone's photos. Although I respect each person's decision to post or not post a current pic, somehow being able to associate an image to a cyber-identity makes the person seem more real to me; since I'm not able to be there in person ;D
Old 06-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Founder

I have been thinking about a photo forum too. It would not be the only place for pictures, but it would be a place to put great family shots as well as vacation pics. I've got to do a courtesy discussion with the other two administrators, but if they agree, I may put it up soon.

JLK
Old 06-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Courtesy? ;D
Old 06-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Great idea but I still think it would be awesome to have a specific link to pics which are strictly related to all things TOTV like the Luncheons and "The Freeze" and "The Happening" tonight at the LSL Clock Tower.

I just posted a pic from our visit to TV last week in the General Villages Discussion and it would fit in the vacation category.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpup
Great idea but I still think it would be awesome to have a specific link to pics which are strictly related to all things TOTV like the Luncheons and "The Freeze" and "The Happening" tonight at the LSL Clock Tower.

I just posted a pic from our visit to TV last week in the General Villages Discussion and it would fit in the vacation category.
I thought this would be set up with each Member starting their own "Photo Album" within this forum site (as I did). In this way, this forum is made up of various Members' albums with merely captions on the pics. If one wishes to make comments re the albums, they can refer to the site where the pics can easily be found. Strictly photos; no chit chat. Yes/No??

:dontknow:

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Veteran member

I like Barb's idea of the individual "albums" (some other community message boards have that feature) and I also like this Photo Forum with the chit-chat associated with the photos ;D

Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM

I think that would be great. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Great idea. I am so interested in what people look like.

However...........I can't remember where I put my keys. I am going to have a heck of a time when I finally meet people and hopefully socialize with them to remember their TOTV name and their real name. Especially since a lot of people keep changing their picture, or symbol or cat or whatever. I know that Ronda is from Rhode Island. I think,.... and Chelsea is from Illinois,...... I'm pretty sure, Bright is was a teacher.....Yes. Teacher.... :dontknow: etc.

Oh Well I am GracieGirl and my real name is Grace........... I think.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Graciegirl yes it's hard to keep everybody straight! I have a cousin named Gracie. My orange cat in my avatar is named Nonie (sorry Nonie, that was his name before I heard of you). My "name" PJ is taken from one of my favorite cats who passed away at age 19, and was named after my Aunt. There are other coincidences also, but when I'm on TOTV I sometimes feel like I'm communicating with my family. Oh well we're all 6 degrees of separation anyway, aren't we?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Sage

PJ,

Not a problem,I find that quite amusing, just curious tho, how did you happen to pick that name for your cat?

And here I thought my name was quite unique

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ

My orange cat in my avatar is named Nonie. My "name" PJ is taken from one of my favorite cats who passed away at age 19, and was named after my Aunt.
PJ, strangely, my name in real life actually is PJ, but in the Villages I prefer Barefoot. My cat is named Snert after the dog in the comic strip "Hagar the Horrible". Nonie is my friend, but I haven't named anything after her, at least so far.

Are you weirded out yet?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I would love to look at everyone's pictures but I'm not willing to advertise my family on the internet. There are too many predators and posting family pictures may not be the smartest thing to do or in the best interest.

Think about it...do you want your children or grandchildren's pictures posted on the internet for anyone to see? At my school, we aren't allowed to post pictures of students without parent consent. There is a reason for this....predators.

Just my thoughts.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:47 AM

Brightspot I agree that there are terrible predators lurking on the internet, but I think as long as we don't associate a real name or location of a child with a picture, including a school, that the risk is greatly reduced. It's still icky and scary to think about.

BF I like the name Snert too - LOL.

Nonie was the cat's name before we got him. He was rescued from the wild (feral) by our elderly neighbors' Portuguese household helper in Arlington, VA. Nonie probably means something in Portuguese. After she passed away, then our neighbor sold us his house before he passed away, stipulating that Nonie was part of the house deal. He knew that we'd take good care of Nonie, and we were the only other people by then that Nonie trusted (being still pretty feral). I was his first outsider that he completely trusted, as I could just pick him up and turn him on his back like a little baby in my arms, and he'd be so relaxed. I miss him so much it makes me cry, as we decided to let him stay with my dear XH. (Breaking up is hard to do.) Although I have permission to bring him here to TV, we think he wouldn't like being so restricted here in TV. Up there he can go out and catch mice in our neighbor's miniature jungle in his back yard anytime he wants to go out his little pet door. I need to go visit him.. wah... Sorry to blab on so long....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.