Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2021, 06:53 AM

i will take the grass 3 ft up so dog and cat can du poop and i dont have to water or mow it and pick up poop:
Old 10-12-2021, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
i will take the grass 3 ft up so dog and cat can du poop and i dont have to water or mow it and pick up poop:
Good luck with that with Community Standards, better read your deed restrictions.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
Unfortunately, that happens everywhere, there’s always a bad apple in ever subdivision! Even here where we live.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:36 PM

i just got a dog and now i can walk my dog down the street and have him poop and du all he can on the guy how walkes his dog up her
Old 10-12-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine J Toft View Post
Absolutely correct. Our dog is NEVER allowed to use someone else's yard. He uses only our back yard and we pick it up. Period. If we walk around Silver Lake, it gets picked up. Not everyone is courteous about that either and it's a shame. Walk your dog around your own yard, then take it for a friendly stroll to meet the neighbors.
So this is exactly what we have always done and probably 95 times out of 100 it works like a charm, but dogs will be dogs and every so often they'll decide to go after they've left our yard during a walk around the neighborhood. We ALWAYS bring bags and pick up after them. It's a shame some people can't understand that these are animals that along with their owners need regular exercise. We do our best but a dog can start going before an owner has a chance to stop them and I've learned the hard way, once things start coming out they keep coming out even as you drag them into the road. I appreciate a perfect lawn as much as anyone, but just a tiny bit of 'live and let live' would go a long way in these situations. It's a shame there aren't designated 'Dog Friendly' or for that matter just 'Friendly' neighborhoods for people like us who'll 'within reason' go along to get along with our neighbors.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:15 PM
Default There is more to this story…

Notice how people are made out to be villains based on someone else’s weaknesses. The lady with dementia…with a small dog…targeted by a bad neighbor…lah dee dah. Yep, welcome to cancel culture. This person who posted should be a talking head for MSM.

Let’s put another spin on this one, just for fun. Generous neighbor spends his time and pays higher water bills so his sprinklers can be felt by his neighbors while they daily walking their dogs in the hot afternoon sun.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:30 PM

you know, it's water. he could put something a lot more harmful on HIS LAWN if you don't understand.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,113 Posts

The family dog in Boston is 15 years old and just like most city dogs he goes on the concrete , he also still walks long distances although slower in the hot summer and cold winter never a problem with his paws just like all the other dogs we know and he’s never had a sweater on in winter,he acclimates him self just like people here should do instead of whining about how hot it is , I’m still walking ,”biking and some running at 82 in the afternoon EVERY DAYand shutting the AC off when I sleep and very rarely putting heat on and never when going to bed makes living here much more pleasant and the environment easier to handle
Old 10-12-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
i just got a dog and now i can walk my dog down the street and have him poop and du all he can on the guy how walkes his dog up her
Sorry, but i do not understand what your writing.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Sorry, but i do not understand what your writing.
What’s the matter? You have trouble understanding nonsense, or something?
Old 10-12-2021, 05:05 PM

People should keep their animals out of other peoples yards
Old 10-12-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What’s the matter? You have trouble understanding nonsense, or something?
Wondering if he had a stroke or something and needs an emt.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

Oh, you are quite kind. Very nice.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:32 PM
Default Troublesome neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Unfortunately, that happens everywhere, there’s always a bad apple in ever subdivision! Even here where we live.
Wow! Didn’t realize my post would spark such passion.
My error for stating the woman has dementia. She is just old, like ALL of us, and a bit frail. Interesting people picked up on that instead of the main topic. This neighbor shoots his sprinklers on every dog walker that strolls by his house. Stalked was another term that was misinterpreted. I guess when someone sits in their garage and watches for dog walkers or people parking too close to his lawn, yes that’s really weird. Get a life and be a neighbor. We live in a great hood
Old 10-12-2021, 07:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Wow! Didn’t realize my post would spark such passion.
My error for stating the woman has dementia. She is just old, like ALL of us, and a bit frail. Interesting people picked up on that instead of the main topic. This neighbor shoots his sprinklers on every dog walker that strolls by his house. Stalked was another term that was misinterpreted. I guess when someone sits in their garage and watches for dog walkers or people parking too close to his lawn, yes that’s really weird. Get a life and be a neighbor. We live in a great hood

Yeah, sounds like a great hood. Again, why don’t people just walk on the opposite side of the street if “shooting his sprinklers on every dog walker” actually occurs? One would think if it happens constantly, walkers would have learned how to avoid this by now. And why add the dementia embellishment? Too much drama on Gonzalez.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.