Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
I have a dog. I like animals. you are ok-ing dogs pooping on other peoples grass as long as they pick it up....well I don't agree. if you do it I'll turn on my water if you are so inconsiderate .......you try to turn this into hate for dogs. it you who people are angry with for doing what your are doing......oh it's ok as long as you pick it up. pleeeeeeeeese
I hear you asking permission to use other people’s lawn. Are you ready to help pay for that lawn’s upkeep?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankofthedesert View Post
I would get in touch with the "Elder Abuse" people....
Yes, I agree, they need to find out why is a person with dementia walking around by herself?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltdisney4life View Post
It amazes me One pet owners think their animals can defecate anywhere! Stay off your neighbors lawn what’s so hard to understand! Female dog urine kills grass!!!
No it doesn't...

Our female dog has done exactly ZERO damage to any lawn in any home we've ever owned...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 09:49 AM

On the surface this sounds horrible.......but once you think about it, it begs the questions, what right do people have to bring their dogs into your yard to pee and create brown spots on the grass, poop and you won't get all of it and it will burn the grass, they have no right. Dogs should go to the bathroom in their own yards or dog walking yards. Now I know why most yards look spotty, fault lies with the dog owners not the property owners. Dog owners believe everyones yard is their dogs toilet. Why is that?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Back when we first moved here I found several piles on our lawn about two feet from the edge of the street. I'm pretty laid back about things but didn't want that to continue so I purchased one of those little lawn signs (maybe 8" square or so) urging people to pick up after their pooches. The problem stopped, but about two days later I found my sign turned around so it faced the house, not the street. There've been a few times since when I've been in the garage or outside when a dog has taken a dump on my lawn. The owner was meticulous about picking up after it. There have been no exchanges, just a friendly wave. I don't know whether or not the pile would have been there after the owner and pooch left, but judging from the fact I haven't seen a pile in just about a year now, I assume that the word has gone out and has been understood.

I don't mind dogs doing their thing on my lawn but I certainly do mind their owners not picking up after it.
And thankfully, you are in the majority...

Our home backs to a cul de sac, and the neighbors behind us have a very large side yard. When we first met them, we were in our yard, with our 12 lb Schoodle (pictured as my avatar)...

She started running around playing with us, and them, with a case of "the zoomies". At one point, she stopped in her tracks and decided to "off load", right on their yard. We profusely apologized and our new neighbors said, "Don't worry about it, just make sure you clean it up, she can run around out here whenever she wants..."

A few days later, they invited us over for drinks, and said "Bring Maggie, we love her!". As we were sitting on their lanai, Maggie jumped in the husband's lap for a belly scratch... She found a new friend... He was just as happy as she was...

We have other neighbors (not dog owners) who carry treats when they take a walk...

Just be nice, just be respectful to your neighbors... It really isn't that hard...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Wifi jammer will do the trick.

They set up a ITTT (if this then that) routine with the ring motion function. Every time motion is detected then turn zone one on for two minutes.

Besides jamming the wifi you can shut off the irrigation or snap off the sprinkler heads. Certainly illegal but it will probably get the message across.

Flame away if you like. If I got sprayed for walking on the street they would suddenly have all sorts of problems.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Well, it was either that or razor wire...
Okay, that made me laugh!

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I hear you asking permission to use other people’s lawn. Are you ready to help pay for that lawn’s upkeep?
And what "upkeep" would that be?

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
And what "upkeep" would that be?
You really don’t know the answer? Geesh.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
On the surface this sounds horrible.......but once you think about it, it begs the questions, what right do people have to bring their dogs into your yard to pee and create brown spots on the grass, poop and you won't get all of it and it will burn the grass, they have no right. Dogs should go to the bathroom in their own yards or dog walking yards. Now I know why most yards look spotty, fault lies with the dog owners not the property owners. Dog owners believe everyones yard is their dogs toilet. Why is that?
It's not the dogs that are causing brown spots...

It -may- happen in an area that gets constant use by pets, but not the occasional passerby...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Wifi jammer will do the trick.

They set up a ITTT (if this then that) routine with the ring motion function. Every time motion is detected then turn zone one on for two minutes.

Besides jamming the wifi you can shut off the irrigation or snap off the sprinkler heads. Certainly illegal but it will probably get the message across.

Flame away if you like. If I got sprayed for walking on the street they would suddenly have all sorts of problems.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
You really don’t know the answer? Geesh.
Maybe because there isn't any "upkeep" needed? Sheesh! (the correct spelling, btw, but "Jeesh" is also acceptable...)

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
It's not the dogs that are causing brown spots...

It -may- happen in an area that gets constant use by pets, but not the occasional passerby...
That’s not correct. My male dogs peed in my backyard and I could always tell where they went. Part of the problem is that toiletting is disgusting and it smells and never ok to do at other people’s place without their permission. In order to own a dog one should have a plan as to how to take care of that dog.

One way I kept animals off my lawn is using spice where they would smell it. But it requires to be sprinkled after each rain. That is how I guided my dogs where I wanted them to go. That and treats when they did the right thing. Dogs are like young children and need training and help with knowing how to do the expected behavior. It is a lot of work and lots of people don’t want to take the trouble.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Maybe because there isn't any "upkeep" needed? Sheesh! (the correct spelling, btw, but "Jeesh" is also acceptable...)
I guess if you live in a villa and have absolutely no grass, upkeep wouldn't be required. For those of us with lawns, watering, fertilizing, weeding and mowing is required. Hope this helps solve your confusion.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
That’s not correct. My male dogs peed in my backyard and I could always tell where they went. Part of the problem is that toiletting is disgusting and it smells and never ok to do at other people’s place without their permission. In order to own a dog one should have a plan as to how to take care of that dog.

One way I kept animals off my lawn is using spice where they would smell it. But it requires to be sprinkled after each rain. That is how I guided my dogs where I wanted them to go. That and treats when they did the right thing. Dogs are like young children and need training and help with knowing how to do the expected behavior. It is a lot of work and lots of people don’t want to take the trouble.
That is because they went in the same place, time and time again...

So thanks for proving my point...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.