Administration!!!!!!!!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Original Topic
Dean-W Dean-W is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Administration!!!!!!!!

Dear Administration,

I have for three days attempted to post items on the CLASSIFIED section...
1) there is NO red button/tab as described in the Video Tutorial for entering the sale item information.
2) researched threads referring to this problem experienced by other users...tried all the recommendations: open site in MicroSoft Edge, Google Chrome and so on...to no avail.
3) I have in the past posted items (a couple of years ago),but the red button/tab was available at that time...what happened?

Please, please, please help....

Dean Wilcox
  #2  
Old 01-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Mikeod's Avatar
Mikeod Mikeod is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 4,975
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I had the same problem until I disabled my content blocker. Once I did that, the red button to post an ad appeared. Make sure you log into the Classified section directly and not through the link in the main forum. I.e., log out of the main forum, then click on the Classified button and log in there.

Hope this works for you.
__________________
"the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
  #3  
Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Dean-W Dean-W is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Administration

Thank you for your prompt response. I hate to admit my ignorance, but I am not an IT person, (mechanical engineering background)...I am not sure what you meant by "..disable content blocker.."?
  #4  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 AM
fromHHDS fromHHDS is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Log off site and then log back in and it should reappear
  #5  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:02 AM
devohna devohna is offline
Member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i had the same issue i had to log off of the site then re log on. then is magically appeared. hope this works
  #6  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:05 AM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 5,607
Thanks: 0
Thanked 208 Times in 122 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-W View Post
Thank you for your prompt response. I hate to admit my ignorance, but I am not an IT person, (mechanical engineering background)...I am not sure what you meant by "..disable content blocker.."?
Disable content blocker...you may have installed an AD BLOCKER, or this may be an option that you have turned on in your browser. These can interfere with the operation of some websites. If you are still having problems, try contacting the villages computer club, or the connected villager club, that should be able to help you with your specific problem.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #7  
Old 01-05-2018, 09:33 PM
TOTV Team's Avatar
TOTV Team TOTV Team is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,238
Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-W View Post
Dear Administration,

I have for three days attempted to post items on the CLASSIFIED section...
1) there is NO red button/tab as described in the Video Tutorial for entering the sale item information.
2) researched threads referring to this problem experienced by other users...tried all the recommendations: open site in MicroSoft Edge, Google Chrome and so on...to no avail.
3) I have in the past posted items (a couple of years ago),but the red button/tab was available at that time...what happened?

Please, please, please help....

Dean Wilcox
If you go to the bottom of any page of the website click on contact us for assistance.

Regards,

TOTV Team
  #8  
Old 03-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Brandy4 Brandy4 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
If you go to the bottom of any page of the website click on contact us for assistance.

Regards,

TOTV Team
I too am thoroughly frustrated. Just received a message from Admin to tap onto the members name and a menu will appear. I did that - no menu - instead got posts between two other members - totally unrelated to me. To make matters worse, I just turned on my TV - no signal, apparently the box needs to be replaced and ComcaSt can't get a tech here until Thursday - ridiculous!!!!!! Boo Hoo!
  #9  
Old 03-04-2018, 08:06 PM
jnieman jnieman is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hadley
Posts: 3,253
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy4 View Post
I too am thoroughly frustrated. Just received a message from Admin to tap onto the members name and a menu will appear. I did that - no menu - instead got posts between two other members - totally unrelated to me. To make matters worse, I just turned on my TV - no signal, apparently the box needs to be replaced and ComcaSt can't get a tech here until Thursday - ridiculous!!!!!! Boo Hoo!
Could you possibly take your own box to the Comcast office and exchange it for a new one?
  #10  
Old 03-04-2018, 09:44 PM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,490
Thanks: 42
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Default

If you have to go to a Comcast office, try the one in Leesburg. In the past , when I have gone there, service has been good and quicker the the one in Summerfield.
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
  #11  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Jenny1326 Jenny1326 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: The Villages
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Comcast/Infinity office now open on 441/rolling acres next to Starbucks
Closed Thread

Tags
administration, red, items, button/tab, avail

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.